Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

ReadyMadeRC Lipo Alarm and Voltage Tester

Find out why you need this unit.

Splash

This lipo alarm and battery tester is a must have.

This nine gram unit is only $3.99. It can be used to check the voltage on a lipo. It also shows individual cell voltage and will sound an alarm when you reach your cut-off voltage. I keep one near my charging station and I also use them in the air. I have even used one on the dash of my FPV truck. All I have to do is pan the camera down to check my battery voltage. My main use is as an alarm on my planes and on my multirotors. It is a great added security to have an audible alarm when your battery is low.

ReadyMadeRC Lipo Battery Tester and Alarm - RCGroups.com (3 min 29 sec)

Features:

• Adjust the alarm voltage (2.7v through 3.8v, and OFF)
  • 1 to 8 cell lip operation with +-0.01V accuracy
  • Display the number of cells
  • Shows total voltage of entire pack
  • Shows voltage of each cells
  • Flashes the voltage 3x if one or more cells is too far out of balance
  • Total weight 9g
  • XH Adapter type (*Does not fit Thunder Power or other LiPo's which balance adapter pin spacing is different than XH)

Check it out at ReadyMadeRC.

Aug 13, 2014, 08:33 PM
Balsa to the Wall
I got excited about this alarm & bought several from HK that look just like these. They work, but are hard to hear if someone is flying a slimer or gasser. A great idea, just would like for it to be louder.
Hopefully, these are better than the HK ones.

Chuck
Aug 14, 2014, 12:30 AM
Those look identical to the ones I get off of ebay or amazon.

They are great. You can set the voltage to come down with 20% or so of the pack capacity left, which I think gives you better battery life.

Nicer than just using a timer in that sometimes I use a lot if throttle and sometimes I just put along. Also if the alarm starts going off early in the flight, I know the pack is developing internal resistance and it's time to think about ordering some new batteries.

Also excellent for the lipo packs I use on my glow starter- which doesn't have a LV cutoff.
Aug 14, 2014, 08:09 AM
I love these testers! Always have one in my pocket if I can help it when out flying. Here's a video on those from RMRC:
RMRC Battery Voltage Testers (1 min 50 sec)
Aug 14, 2014, 01:45 PM
Hobby King Hater
I own five.. I use them at the field and at the work bench.
Aug 14, 2014, 06:47 PM
yank and bank!!
Yep... I use them onboard my larger planes and to check batteries between flights.