This thread is privately moderated by Red.Sneakers, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 13, 2014, 01:54 PM
2016 The Year for Air Shows
Thread OP
Build Log

Adagio 280 - a 1400mm Micro Plane

I ordered the Adagio 280 as it had a nice look. Forget those expert pilots flying it inverted, I just wanted a sport glider, a little summer thermal touring and sport flying at other times. When I opened the box I immediately re-packed it. Was disappointed it had micro components for a $180 BNF Basic. Wow, that is expensive. How can I justify the expense? Mulled it over for days and then decided it was a 56.0 in (1420mm) wing span Micro*** plane. OK, large micro plane, full house, AS3X for wind, Park Flyer, etc., so I kept it. My disappointment is the vertical stabilizer was not 100% vertical. It is molded to the fuselage & I glued in the horizontal stabilizer before noticing. Lesson learned; always check the vertical stab before gluing the horizontal stab. May fix later with a flat carbon fiber rod.

Two best pictures are included in the video.
(2 min 34 sec)
Basic Specs:
Wingspan: 56.0 in (1420mm)
Overall Length: 29.9 in (760mm)
Flying Weight: 12.5 oz (356g)

Last edited by Red.Sneakers; Oct 15, 2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: update
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2014, 07:14 AM
AMA 79169
Clever voice-over and editing. A+

I too am somewhat wary of the price/size value in the UMX type lines.
On the other hand, a business has got to make money somehow.

-=Doug
Aug 14, 2014, 10:54 AM
2016 The Year for Air Shows
Thread OP
Glad you enjoyed it Doug. I had lots of video footage to choose from.

I use a professional voice-over artist from New York. Define your requirements and she does a great job. Only $5 for a 100 word recording. Not much you can buy for 5 bucks today. If anyone needs a voice-over for any reason, check out Linnea => http://www.fiverr.com/linneas88/reco...ice-over-today
Aug 14, 2014, 06:45 PM
AMA 79169
Neat!
Wonder if there is a volume discount for something like 'War and Peace'?

-=Doug

Quick Reply