Mass warbird launch - Page 2 - RC Groups
Aug 15, 2014, 04:16 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Stickers?
Looks like a job for FastAl.......
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2014, 04:30 PM
I was toying with the idea of printing some up, but if Al wants to run with this.... who am I to get in his way???

Rob
Aug 15, 2014, 04:31 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
No one does a better Decal than Al.....
Aug 15, 2014, 07:56 PM

I don't know Al....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E
No one does a better Decal than Al.....
....but here is what I was thinking of. I don't want to step on any toes so would want Tom's approval to use this logo....

And if Al can turn into a small decal, I'm thinking something that would scale down to a 40" wing span. So it might need to be no more than 1/4" square ?
Aug 15, 2014, 08:14 PM
I like it - my only suggestion would be to add the year for those of us who do this on a regular basis. Plus it would be a great way to show your plane is a survivor

Let's see what Tom says - I suspect he'd be cool with this.

Rob
Aug 16, 2014, 07:49 AM
I've added the year. My only concern is when its redcued in size this might be hard to read. I have no clue how to make into tiny decals that can be added to our planes. If someone knows how and can make them up and then we hand them out to the survivors after each MWBL this year, that would be very cool.
Aug 16, 2014, 10:41 AM
Head NEAT geek
Hi Guys

I have no problem with the use of the logo for this event. Print away!

(from beautiful San Diego until sunday AM.)

No Rob, I do not remember what was the first year of the MWBL This could be at least our 5th or 6th based on the aircraft I have lost!

Tom
Aug 16, 2014, 11:31 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
If you're doing commemorations, I'd recommend each participant get a card with two stickers on it. One sized to go on the plane that actually flew, one sized to go on a transmitter case, window, trailer, etc. Kind of be able to track participation of plane and pilot.
Aug 16, 2014, 05:41 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Rob if memory serves me it was 2007. Only a dozen or so us us back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
BTW could some remind me what was the first year we had the MWBL? My mind is definitely in FIFO mode, and my buffer is getting too darn short nowadays

Rob
Aug 16, 2014, 05:58 PM
Dr. Toggle
I was there behind Tom as he stepped in front for the pic and have been in every one since!
Aug 17, 2014, 07:24 AM
AMA 1242
I have only missed 1 NEAT FAIR , I agree 2007 sounds about right
Aug 17, 2014, 10:26 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Tom when do we pay the $5.00 when we register on line or when we pick up our packets? Or sometime Friday and sat. I still need to register that is why I ask. Be doing that Tuesday.
Dave
Aug 17, 2014, 07:41 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowspider
Tom when do we pay the $5.00 when we register on line or when we pick up our packets? Or sometime Friday and sat. I still need to register that is why I ask. Be doing that Tuesday.
Dave
I am going to collect the $5.00 just before the event each day. There is still no need to sign up ahead of time... just have the $5.00, your pilot badge and an approved model.

see ya soon.

Tom
Aug 17, 2014, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
Rob if memory serves me it was 2007. Only a dozen or so us us back then.
I miss the pink Spit - was definitely one of a kind

Good pic BTW - brought back some great memories.

Rob
Aug 18, 2014, 11:39 AM
TommyD sticks his hand in the WayyyBack Machine and pulls out a Winner !!

.. I thought that might have been me with the Corsair - remember Cox gave away those Demo Corsairs one year ? I got one .. think it lasted about 12 seconds in the MWBL before it committed suicide