Aug 30, 2014, 09:11 PM
Just to confirm.........this FBL unit is definately compatible with Windows 8? Correct?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2014, 03:13 AM
UK 550/600 Tarot distributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGPILOT44
Just to confirm.........this FBL unit is definately compatible with Windows 8? Correct?
Yes the software works on Windows 8 perfectly. I often use a Windows8 lap top to set my Kbar up.
Aug 31, 2014, 09:57 AM
Thank you for the reply.
Sep 05, 2014, 01:44 PM
Hi Guys, Kbar newbie here. Please be gentle.

So, got myself a Kbar Yellow.
Nothing marked on it, but the supplier quotes Kbar V2 5.3.4 Pro K8.
I have downloaded Vstabi software from Mikado site.
This is listed as Vstabi 5.3.2
I read in this thread that the latest version of Vstabi software will transmit the serial number to Mikado when it is connected.
Recommendation is to program it off line, or switch to a earlier version.
First of all, is the software I have downloaded the latest version? If so, would it be better to program offline or change to earlier version. Where would I find this earlier version?
Also, not sure where to plug the receiver leads in.
Wiring enclosed with the unit has two double ended servo leads, and one single one end, and three the other.
The three are marked Ail, Rud, Ele so I assume these go to the receiver in the appropriate slots, but where do I plug in the unit?
I have RXA, RXB and RXC to choose from.
Finally, for the moment anyway, my unit appears to have a push button accessible through a hole in the case.
Kit also included a non metallic pusher to operate this.
The ZYX I am more familiar with uses a button during the upgrade process. Is this the same?
Since I understand I can brick my unit by trying to upgrade, won't be using this.

Hope you can help

BL
Sep 22, 2014, 09:57 PM
Metalfox1911a1
i am having trouble getting the gyro to work it wont install when i plug it in it says no driver installed it never came with any manual or directions.
i run windows 7
Sep 22, 2014, 11:51 PM
I got sent these links to the previous 'non-phone home' software, plus the drivers:

Software:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...setup5.3.4.exe

Drivers:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ert_driver.zip

There is no push button that I'm aware of, and even if there is there is no need to push it. All functions are accessible via the software.

The software setup process talks you though how to connect up step by step, but it's on the Mikado web site too: http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/434

Do not attempt to upgrade the firmware in the Kbar, it's already the very latest version and any attempt to upgrade is likely to brick the unit as well as being pointless.
Last edited by Smoggie; Sep 22, 2014 at 11:56 PM.
Sep 23, 2014, 02:10 PM
Hi Metalfox1911a1

Had a similar problem with mine. Not sure whether this will help, but here's what I found.
I got my Vstabi software from a different source to yours, but installing that went ok.
The trouble came when I tried to use it.
Kept getting the message 'drivers not installed'.
My software came in the form of a zipped file which I expanded and found the driver file included.
I tried expanding the driver file and found four files, driver 1 at 64 or 86, and driver 2, also at 64 and 86.
I tried to install all these, and got various messages, mostly 'couldn't find drivers' but one that also said 'drivers not necessary'.
Chased this around in circles for hours. Finally tried not expanding the files, just highlighted the drivers in the unzipped files and pressing enter.
Bingo, everything worked and no trouble since.
Not a computer expert, so can't explain it, but it worked.
So, if you have the Vstabi software installed, but can't connect, try this.
I notice JPF linking you to a zipped driver file. Unzip this, you should find one file labelled driver.
Don't expand this, just try highlighting it and pressing enter.
If it doesn't work, post back and I will send you the link to the software download I used.

Worth a try

BL
Sep 23, 2014, 02:12 PM
P.S JPF

Mine also has a button. Seems this is to enable the unit to be mounted on its side.
Not all Vbar units have this facility so it's quite possible yours does not.

Cheers

BL
Nov 09, 2014, 06:26 AM

Gold Warrier

I just received my Gold Warrier a week ago listed as Kbar V2 5.3.4 Pro K8. I Down loaded the zip file from the location of purchase, when un zipped it is setup5.3.4.exe. After connecting the Kbar I had the same problem as mentioned in this thread regarding drivers. I downloaded the driver listed above and saved it in my documents after unzipping the files. Opening up one of the text files I found an installation directory, so I created this path and pasted the unzipped files at the end of this location. Reconnecting the kbar, xp asks for the drivers location, clicking browse, I follow the location directory I just created and highlighted the first driver folder then enter, but nothing happened. So I highlighted the second driver folder and hit enter and xp proceeded to install the driver. Once complete all was good. Setup was a breeze. I'll finalize and complete the rest over xmas as I wasn't suppose to begin all this untill the xmas break when I'll have more time. Just got carried away. This is going in a 50 size nitro using the kbars gov support. By then I should have received my FBL head.

The above result was an endless array of 2hrs sorting this out. But got it sorted.

Quick note: Just received my RJX FBL head
Last edited by MASJO; Nov 10, 2014 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Added info
Nov 11, 2014, 02:13 AM
I got one from targethobby.com, they sent me software of 5.3.4
Nov 11, 2014, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord
P.S JPF

Mine also has a button. Seems this is to enable the unit to be mounted on its side.
Not all Vbar units have this facility so it's quite possible yours does not.

Cheers

BL
Correct, I understand it that only the yellow 'Mini' Kbar has this button. For sure the blue one and the grey one dont have it, nor does the genuine Vbar.
Nov 12, 2014, 04:23 PM
Hi Guys,

there are differences between the blue, black and yellow KBAR/ VBAR's.

Side mounting, different sensors and Governor Mode.

Check out the New Mini FU-BAR Flybarless thread in the Mini Helis section. That thread started out with the HK FU-Barr, which was then banned, and then went into being the mini KBAR etc. thread. All the information that you could want and more.

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
Nov 29, 2014, 06:03 PM
Hell-lee bent
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
I got sent these links to the previous 'non-phone home' software, plus the drivers:

Software:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...setup5.3.4.exe

Drivers:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ert_driver.zip

There is no push button that I'm aware of, and even if there is there is no need to push it. All functions are accessible via the software.

The software setup process talks you though how to connect up step by step, but it's on the Mikado web site too: http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/434

Do not attempt to upgrade the firmware in the Kbar, it's already the very latest version and any attempt to upgrade is likely to brick the unit as well as being pointless.
I just got one of these Kbars, so I download these files, and plug in my Kbar with the included plug to set it up?
Nov 29, 2014, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by train06
I just got one of these Kbars, so I download these files, and plug in my Kbar with the included plug to set it up?
Ye, but obviously it needs to be installed in the heli. There is a step by step setup process in the software, it's very easy to follow.
Nov 29, 2014, 07:37 PM
Hell-lee bent
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
Ye, but obviously it needs to be installed in the heli. There is a step by step setup process in the software, it's very easy to follow.
ok yeah I guess it would need to be ON the heli LOL since the gyro would need to be set on it....I hadn't even thought of that....thank you!
Rodney

Quick Reply