Aug 24, 2014, 04:38 PM
No it is just a FBL gyro with no stabilization.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2014, 10:38 PM
Is this FBL unit (yellow or blue) fairly simple to set up? Is it done with the transmitter or through a PC, is it Windows 8 compatible?

I had some very limited experience with a 3GX system that a flyer brought into a hobby shop i was visiting. It seemed slightly complicated.

I'm looking to go flybarless on one of my 450's in the near future and considered using this Kbar unit or the Tarot zyx2.
Aug 25, 2014, 01:03 AM
Jessthegreat
3gx is horrible. These gyros (k-bar, fu bar, gv8000) fly incredible. Way better than zyx-s. They are extremely easy to set up. 11 steps, super simple. If you can use a pitch guage, you can do this
Aug 25, 2014, 02:21 AM
UK 550/600 Tarot distributor
+1 on above, the Kbar is very easy to set up because it uses the excellent Mikado Vstabi software which is simple to follow and very intuitive. It's all done via a PC.

It's much easier than the 3GX
Aug 25, 2014, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessdigs
3gx is horrible. These gyros (k-bar, fu bar, gv8000) fly incredible. Way better than zyx-s. They are extremely easy to set up. 11 steps, super simple. If you can use a pitch guage, you can do this
Thanks for the replies. After my breif encounter with the 3GX I haven't been in much of a hurry to get into a FBL heli.

It is mentioned that its set up off a PC, is it Windows 8 compatible?

Thanks!
Aug 25, 2014, 11:47 AM
Yes, it works fine on Win8
Aug 25, 2014, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
Yes, it works fine on Win8
Thank you Jetplaneflyer! Sounds like I can't pass this one up. I'm on a budget and I don't think I can do much better than this FBL unit.

Is there a set up video somewhere that's reccomended?
Aug 25, 2014, 02:20 PM
Jessthegreat
Watch any mini v-bar setup video. The mr Mel ones are good. V-bar and k-bar is the same process
Aug 30, 2014, 12:11 PM
im having a slight issue. I have a kbar with the newest version software. I have downloaded the newest vsabi and installed it. im on windows 8. I go to install the newest drivers but the drivers wont install on the kbar. I am on 64 bit system. What am I missing? Anyone else have this issue?
Aug 30, 2014, 12:31 PM
Wow! your Kbar may not work anymore. You can not update any non mikado products
Aug 30, 2014, 01:31 PM
What I meant is I downloaded the software for the pc. The pc won't recognize the kbar to read it, update it (which I wouldn't update it) I tried to update the driver so it could read it and it won't do that. Is there something I'm missing?
Aug 30, 2014, 01:52 PM
Yes you have to have the older version 5.4.3 I think
Aug 30, 2014, 02:15 PM
I just got it to work. Instead of clicking on one of the 2 different driver selections I clicked on just drivers and it found a driver that works with it and installed it. Woohoo it works.
Aug 30, 2014, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Yes you have to have the older version 5.4.3 I think
The latest version off the Mikado web site works fine, only problem is that it reports serial number back to Mikado, so only use it when offline. Previous software version has all the same functionality but without the phone home to Mikado feature.
Aug 30, 2014, 09:02 PM
Thanks Jet I was just going off of other people who posted here.

Quick Reply