The Atom Special - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Aug 17, 2014, 05:01 AM
What could possibly go wrong!!
Rich,

That's another fine model you've gotten into! I don't know how you keep coming up with such good designs and all the ones I have seen fly so well. What will you come up with next, a large solar powered AG now there's a thought!

Top job,

Chas
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2014, 09:53 AM
Registered User
Mud Duck Bill's Avatar
Rich, the box that you think outside of has many many sides and you are outside all of them. Looks like another great design !!!!

Bill
Aug 17, 2014, 01:06 PM
It's all in the Blades!
SafeLandings's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrocopter
Rich,

That's another fine model you've gotten into! I don't know how you keep coming up with such good designs and all the ones I have seen fly so well. What will you come up with next, a large solar powered AG now there's a thought!

Top job,

Chas

Chas,
I think I am going to rest the brain a bit this winter and do a scale model, no thinking of how it should look as it has already been sorted for you

Rich
Aug 18, 2014, 03:33 AM
Registered User
Cali's Avatar
Rich are you going where I think you are???
If so then brill and about time too
Cali

PS can I borrow that box
Aug 22, 2014, 06:11 AM
Registered User
Hello,

Just curious would this little guy be ok for a first crack at an auto gyro.
Sep 07, 2014, 01:44 PM
Registered User
Jockadopolus's Avatar
Ready for its test flight video soon
Sep 07, 2014, 02:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Once again another fine looking machine!!!

I assume that the block under the fuselage for the gear is temporary until taller gear can be fabricated?

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sep 07, 2014, 06:26 PM
Registered User
britinoz's Avatar
ooo
Sep 08, 2014, 12:42 AM
Registered User
Jockadopolus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Once again another fine looking machine!!!

I assume that the block under the fuselage for the gear is temporary until taller gear can be fabricated?

SteveT.
I used parts from a crashed model for the undercarriage I didn't have any piano wire the correct size, the block is to give me prop clearance.
Video
Better Video later

Atom test flight (3 min 12 sec)
Sep 08, 2014, 02:19 AM
Registered User
britinoz's Avatar
Joe
That looks pretty stable....I'm waiting for the 35 knt winds to pass to get mine in the air.
Chris...
Sep 08, 2014, 12:55 PM
Registered User
Tinmar's Avatar
The Atom is the first project I am planning to build when I move into my new house
Sep 08, 2014, 01:31 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockadopolus
I used parts from a crashed model for the undercarriage I didn't have any piano wire the correct size, the block is to give me prop clearance.
Video
Better Video later
I assumed that was the case. And congrats on the maiden flight looks very good. Certainly flew slow enough into the wind.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sep 13, 2014, 11:34 AM
Registered User
106flyer's Avatar
Nearly done......

Steve
Sep 13, 2014, 12:43 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Very nice!! If you used one of those coned shaped aluminum spinner/nuts, that would finish the taper that the whole body/cowling has...

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sep 14, 2014, 05:54 PM
autogyro andy
HandyAndy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 106flyer
Nearly done......

Steve
Brilliant Steve.

A very good looking autogyro

Andy


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corona - What's Special About Atomic Force? 02ViperTwin Electric Heli Talk 22 Oct 11, 2002 11:04 AM