Apr 19, 2004, 04:57 PM

Traveling long distance with Planes

Hello all. I am moving next wed. to Florida from Connecticut. I am moving so that i can fly my planes e-starter and Gws corsair in shorts all year round. So the question that I have is how can i get these planes down to florida on a moving truck in one peice?????? Please help I dont want to destory my planes on the move..

Bigdog
to remove ads between posts
Apr 19, 2004, 07:35 PM
BGR
BGR
Foam Junkie
Never mind
Last edited by BGR; Apr 19, 2004 at 07:39 PM.
Apr 19, 2004, 08:12 PM
never mind what??????
Apr 19, 2004, 08:20 PM
is it a moving truck you hired or do you have a rental truck that you drive?
Apr 19, 2004, 08:27 PM
Nickel what?
if its just a corsair and e starter, I'd pack the wings and fuse's together in a big box (put the fuses nose-to-tail) and cover EVERYTHING with peanuts. If you want, you could add internal bracing so the box doesn't get crushed (or make a plywood box, a 4x8 sheet of CDX is pretty cheap ~$15)
Apr 19, 2004, 08:30 PM
RCAPA #005
Rooftop box like a Thule Evolution is perfect for planes...
Apr 19, 2004, 10:14 PM
BGR
BGR
Foam Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67bigdog
never mind what??????
I was gonna say that you should pack each plane in a box with bubble wrap and then put that box in a larger box with foam peanuts. Place it so it is suspended in the peanuts. Box 1 protects the plane from denting and box 2 serves as crush protection.

I said never mind because I figured this to be overkill, but since you asked that is what I would do.
Apr 19, 2004, 10:18 PM
Motorized lawn dart
Go to Lowes and ask them for a big box from a washer or dryer... Thats what I do. Free.