Nov 24, 2016, 04:40 AM
"Devil Dog"
Thread OP
Good to hear that it is working out. This thread would have been a lot better had folks stuck to doing repairs but the bulk of what you need to know is in the first few pages.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2016, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008
I've let the smoke out of a few things growing up as a kid and I found out that smoke was the secret ingredient that makes electronics go. They should really sell that stuff. They would make a killing.
Speaking of getting off topic, I thought you might get a kick out of this:

https://youtu.be/SoeVNaz7KGc?t=136
Last edited by Steve_; Dec 05, 2016 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Better Photo
Dec 05, 2016, 05:55 PM
"Devil Dog"
Thread OP
That's a very interesting back story.
Jan 07, 2017, 09:06 AM
Thanks Junkman. The information in this thread is appreciated and because I don't like the sim, I am getting plenty of repair time in. I have trawled through most of the thread and may have missed the bits I was after.
Firstly is doing a Trim flight with the blades attached and the heli tied down to a table just as effective? Its probably safer on the motor.
My second question is about Tx settings. I use a Dx7s in Acro mode as per the book. I would like to alter the throttle cut from the Hold switch to Ail D/R. I use this switch because my hands can reach it easily. My Dx7s does not offer me the choice of that Ail D/R switch.
I hope these questions aren't replicated elsewhere and any assistance would be appreciated.
Feb 17, 2017, 01:49 PM
"Devil Dog"
Thread OP
Everything that I know about this bird is covered within the first few pages. If you have read those, you know what I know.
Apr 22, 2017, 07:43 AM
Junkman - Thank you. I just replaced my tail boom & main gear. Your photos & description were very helpful.

I really need to replacce the frame but I can't bring myself to do all that work just to re-install another peice of flimsy plastic. Should b carbon fibre or at least glass reinforced plastic.
May 05, 2017, 03:35 AM
"Devil Dog"
Thread OP
Rakon Heli has a fiberglass frame but replacing parts on that frame is a lot harder than the stock frame. Solution? Don't crash. Stay with the stock frame until you get good enough to NOT crash.. Then you can move up.
May 31, 2017, 11:37 PM
Hello,
My 200srx hit a sign before. I replaced the broken structure parts and axis system. I keep all electrical parts. when I increase throttle, the tail motor will suddenly full speed spin then the whole helicopter spin on the ground. Does anyone has the same experience? How to fix it?
Thank You Very Much!

[email protected]
Jun 05, 2017, 05:52 AM
"Devil Dog"
Thread OP
As I explained on PAGE ONE of this thread:

Jun 06, 2017, 04:35 PM

Blades

Hello Junkman,

I am lazy and don't feel like reading thru all the posts. ( Must say you are very through and have covered in great detail a lot of good info)
I am looking for suggestions on alternative blades and where I could obtain them. Thanks for you help.
Jun 06, 2017, 05:33 PM
What goes up must come down
I use the Xtreme production 6 Degee blades they seam lighter weight and spin up quicker here is a link they also make them in a 8 degree . http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...oducts_id=8539
Jun 06, 2017, 07:32 PM
Thanks.
Jun 08, 2017, 07:20 AM

servo

Hello,

Someone would have found the way to replace the servos by other brands, I find them very fragile, the slightest shock and teeth break, a buddy even crashed his helicopter because of a gable that has Broken in flight, his device had never had a shock?

diiity
Jun 08, 2017, 07:48 AM
What goes up must come down
Talk too kiwi_craig in the Regular 200 Srx thread he has had some experience with after market servo's and replacement gears
Jun 08, 2017, 10:19 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
Junkman,

Just to say a big 'thank you'. I flew my 200SRX after a long hiatus. Maybe I forgot how to fly it but I ended up dropping it down hard whilst it travelled downwind. Snapped the boom, stripped a servo gear wheel and removed a bit of the main gear. I already had main gear and boom to hand so I ordered a gear set and got on with it. Thanks to your guide, everything came apart and went together again without fuss. I determined it needed the trimming procedure so just did your indoor method which worked a treat.

I still need to test fly when the wind calms down a bit but I'm sure all will be fine.

(Oh, and I have really enjoyed some of your car detailing videos as well )

Quick Reply