Aug 22, 2014, 07:56 PM
Looks good. I bet that was fun to put together the first time. Can't wait to see it fly.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2014, 08:57 AM
This thread can save people lots of money and heartache, so I'm giving it another bump.
Aug 26, 2014, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008
Got the entire thing together but I need to change the main gear or the pinion, which ever I figure out to be best.

Daaaam dude, that looks sweet. I want one.

Hope you can post some videos of this work of art in action.
Last edited by Steve_; Aug 31, 2014 at 05:12 AM.
Aug 27, 2014, 03:59 AM
"Devil Dog"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
This thread can save people lots of money and heartache, so I'm giving it another bump.
Thanks Steve.

I'm going to do a writeup of the build and the heli in operation. Gotta find the time though!
Aug 27, 2014, 10:51 AM
Spool 'er up!
Very impressed with your attention to detail and excellent photos. I can only imagine how much time this took and, rest assured, it's greatly appreciated!
Aug 28, 2014, 11:37 AM
"Devil Dog"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1PA
Very impressed with your attention to detail and excellent photos. I can only imagine how much time this took and, rest assured, it's greatly appreciated!
Thanks Paul, I'm still refining it. A work in progress it is and I'm adding to it a little bit at a time.
Aug 31, 2014, 04:52 AM
Heave-Ho, up the list we go...
Aug 31, 2014, 04:16 PM
I have a question regarding the metal washer in the spindle assembly. I noticed that one side is smooth and one side has grooves or ridges. Can someone tell me which side of the washer should face the "o" ring? Thanks.
Last edited by crobar; Aug 31, 2014 at 05:47 PM.
Sep 02, 2014, 07:46 AM
"Devil Dog"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
Heave-Ho, up the list we go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobar
I have a question regarding the metal washer in the spindle assembly. I noticed that one side is smooth and one side has grooves or ridges. Can someone tell me which side of the washer should face the "o" ring? Thanks.
What are you calling "the spindle assembly?" Take a picture of the part or use the actual name of the part.
Sep 02, 2014, 03:07 PM
Quote:

What are you calling "the spindle assembly?" Take a picture of the part or use the actual name of the part.
Per the manual - "Spindle Set" that fits into the Rotor head. BLH2003.
Sep 05, 2014, 08:09 AM
"Devil Dog"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobar
Per the manual - "Spindle Set" that fits into the Rotor head. BLH2003.
Got you covered. Check out the pictures below.

Sep 05, 2014, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Got you covered. Check out the pictures below.

I think what might be most helpful would be to include the spindle shaft in one of your photos, positioned in line with the bearing in the blade grip and with the "o" ring and washer mounted on the shaft in the correct order. Also some verbiage that specifies that the smooth side of the washer faces the "o" ring.
Sep 06, 2014, 01:36 PM
"Devil Dog"
Thread OP
The way you see it in the first picture is the way it comes apart. The shaft is the only thing missing.
Sep 06, 2014, 07:40 PM
Yup, it just depends on how to illustrate it so the individual parts and their order are obvious. For me, looking at the parts explosion in the manual it is not perfectly clear which part is the "o" ring versus the washer and there is nothing to indicate which side of the washer faces the "o" ring, (rough or smooth). I don't know how important the order of these parts is but I just wanted to know what the factory recommendation is so I don't have to replace it again a few flights down the road.
Sep 06, 2014, 09:39 PM
"Devil Dog"
Thread OP
I'm sure it's the way it is for a reason. It appears that the smooth side faces outward. I saw that and knew that I should probably take a picture of it. Looks like you got the benefit.

Quick Reply