Feb 17, 2020, 10:32 AM

An apparent VIRUS attack is blocking those drawings these days...

Dear Fellow RC-Groupers:

The PIPE Here again, with a QUICK advisory...

...due to apparent computer VIRUS activity at Landa217's page for the Pup drawings, my PC's Norton Antivirus has started BLOCKING any downloads FROM that page...

...if Landa217 is reading this post, PLEASE get things set up/corrected "on your downloading end", so NO chance of computer viruses can get into ANY Sopwith Pup fan's computer, and ruin their day... !!

Thanks in advance and Yours Sincerely,
The PIPE....!!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2020, 07:47 PM
Pipe,

I got your PM about this. I find it a bit strange because I was under the impression that viruses cannot be transmitted via data files.

I am in Australia on holiday at the moment but I will have a look at this when I get back home.
Feb 18, 2020, 05:47 AM

THIS is the alert I got from my Norton Security installation...

Dear landa217:

The PIPE Here again - thanks VERY much for the response!

In the "footer" of this reply is a screen capture of the "virus infection threat alert" I got from my Norton Security antivirus software installation...it WOULD be "best" to consider a DIFFERENT "web hosting site" for those valuable Sopwith Pup drawings, to keep fellow Pup enthusiasts' PCs safe from any sort of viral "malware" attacks.

In the coming months (in fact, as I'm writing this!) I'll be starting to move my RC things, along with all my furniture, possessions, etc. OUT of my late mother's home, as she passed in mid-December 2019; and the house will be "up for sale" by the end of March 2020 - an actual "moveout date" is most likely to occur anytime between June and August of this year, but with me having "limited funds" to move out with, even though I WILL be getting full-blown US Federal Social Security Retirement benefits of almost USD $1200/month soon, due to reaching age 62 (birthday in early February) of this year. The first "direct deposit" benefit disbursement will arrive at the start of April 2020, due to my disabilities.

Just wanted to let you know about this threat to your resource for fellow Sopwith Pup fans, that's all...

Thanks again and Yours Sincerely,
The PIPE....!!

Quick Reply