ECX Boost 2wd Buggy

Great pricing and performance in an entry-level package.

ECX Boost 2wd Buggy

Completely ready-to-run

The Boost 1:10th scale 2wd buggy from ECX is a great entry level off-roader for club racing or general bashing fun. Taking queues from race rigs, the Boost is ROAR and IFMAR legal and features a narrow chassis with rolled edges, oil-filled shocks, and a slipper clutch. Also included is a Dynamite 20T brushed motor and a Dynamite 15T waterproof LiPo-compatible ESC with forward and reverse.

A Spektrum DX2E 2.4 GHz radio and waterproof SR201 receiver are included, as well as a Dynamite Speedpack 1800mAh Ni-MH battery.

Specifications:

• Ball Bearings: Yes
  • Battery: 7.4V 1800mah 6-Cell NiMH
  • Charger: NiMH AC Peak Charger 110V-240V 2.0A
  • Gear Pitch: 48P
  • Radio: Spektrum DX2E 2.4GHz 2-Channel Radio System (installed)
  • Track: 9.75 in (248mm)
  • Wheel Type: 2.2 in Satin Black, 12mm Hex
  • Length: 15.8 in (401mm)
  • Motor: Dynamite 20T Brushed Motor
  • Shock Type: Coil-Over, Oil-Filled Shocks
  • Scale: 1/10
  • Speed Control: Dynamite 15T
  • Weight: 3.44 lb (1560g)
  • Wheelbase: 11.2 in (284mm)
  • Width: 9.75 in (248mm)

CLICK HERE for more information on the ECX Boost 2wd buggy

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Aug 06, 2014 at 07:24 AM..
Aug 06, 2014, 10:39 AM
I hate waiting for parts
I have been looking at this buggy for a while. The price point which gets you a RTR package with a LiPo-compatible ESC is excellent. This would allow me to get back into cars for cheap (as I'll probably play with it a few times and it will then sit on the shelf ) but it will also allow me to have a "ground-pounder" FPV for minimal expense as well... which is something I've been wanting to do for a long time.
Aug 06, 2014, 10:44 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Even if it hasn't been altered since it was first released 2 years ago, the Boost is still a nice entry level 2WD buggy, as this Ultimate RC review subscribes to:

ECX (Electrix RC) Boost 2WD RTR buggy Review (11 min 37 sec)
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Aug 07, 2014, 06:50 PM
Hey look! It has an actual bumper! Why did those go out of fashion? I have TBR bumpers on all my cars that accept them. I even custom drilled a blank to go on my Basher Sabertooth truggy. Course if I crash and break anything on that you can't get parts on Hobbyking.
Aug 08, 2014, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
Hey look! It has an actual bumper! Why did those go out of fashion?

Benefit of a bumper is the A-arms are less exposed to impacts. But the drawback is that the impact gets more to the chassis, which sometimes results in it breaking just behind the front suspension. So a bumper has tings going for it, and against it.
Aug 08, 2014, 07:30 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
there are much better entry level buggies out there with MUCH higher performance. this one is really slow and you notice why they didn't do any decent jumps. lol its a pos. this is something you buy for your 8year old to play with.
Aug 08, 2014, 07:35 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer
this is something you buy for your 8year old to play with.
That's actually a much larger consumer base than you think. In a market dominated by brushless/LiPo rtr vehicles, learning to drive on a more tame buggy makes sense for some. As a dad, I'd consider the Boost as my son's 1st rc car.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Aug 08, 2014, 09:01 AM
Also, a tame motor tends to last longer and withstand more abuse, as it's less loaded to it's limit. Compare to for instance the brushed motor in the Traxxas bandit, using an 8.4 battery the Bandit is pretty fast, but the motor often dies prematurely.
Sep 03, 2014, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer
there are much better entry level buggies out there with MUCH higher performance. this one is really slow and you notice why they didn't do any decent jumps. lol its a pos. this is something you buy for your 8year old to play with.
Much better entry level buggies out there? Such as?
Nov 14, 2014, 08:02 AM
Closed Account
Im a Dad and my son is interested in RC, toy grade is to expensive as they dont last very long. So im also curious for a first time buggy with the intention to bash and learn to race what would be better than this?
Nov 14, 2014, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba888
Im a Dad and my son is interested in RC, toy grade is to expensive as they dont last very long. So im also curious for a first time buggy with the intention to bash and learn to race what would be better than this?
This one would be nice, or perhaps a Team C Jekyll, or the Hyde. Lrp Twister is also a nice entry level buggy.

Quick Reply