Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Steveis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 02, 2014, 02:43 PM
AVR Dude
Thread OP
Discussion

KK2.1 V1.18S1 Updated Firmware & Manual


If you have an EVO board, please use V1.19S1Pro which has a contrast menu option

I've update the Pro version with features that people have requested.

Pro version updates are:

a) Added board offset of -90, +90 & 180 degrees.

b) Added new self level setting to be Always On (Aux, Stick & Always)

c) Added receiver channel 8 to receiver sliders (only visible/available for CPPM and SBus).

d) Now allows you to switch between SS & PI profiles when self level is set to "stick".

e) You can now, individually, reverse the Roll, Pitch and Yaw directions by using negative stick scaling values in Profile 1. This enables people to use transmitters where you can't reverse the direction.

Donations for Merlin MS Centre

I’ve spent many hundreds of hours updating this firmware. If you would like to show your appreciation, I would be delighted if you made a donation to my favourite charity, even if it’s only 1 or $1. Please leave a message with your donation. The message needs to be left on the Paypal page under Special Instructions before clicking "Pay now".

www.merlinmscentre.org.uk

Enjoy
Last edited by Steveis; Dec 04, 2014 at 05:26 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2014, 04:48 PM
Registered User
Thank you for this FW.

it's not in Flash tools repo yet.. just dl it here and its flashing atm.....

Does it have support for the super simple gimbal servo mixing?

Edit:

I found it.. in Misc2 settings SSgimbal option.. thank you
Last edited by stansan; Aug 02, 2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: found the option in the manual :-)
Aug 02, 2014, 08:47 PM
Registered User
Ozone777's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis
...c) Added receiver channel 8 to receiver sliders (only visible/available for CPPM and SBus)....
No channel 8 for DSM satellite?
Aug 03, 2014, 01:02 AM
AVR Dude
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone777
No channel 8 for DSM satellite?
That's correct as it's not processed for a satellite and sometimes it's not even present.
Aug 03, 2014, 01:23 AM
Master of Flash
LazyZero's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stansan
Thank you for this FW.

it's not in Flash tools repo yet.. just dl it here and its flashing atm.....

Does it have support for the super simple gimbal servo mixing?

Edit:

I found it.. in Misc2 settings SSgimbal option.. thank you
Now it is.

Christian
Aug 04, 2014, 02:38 PM
Registered User

digital gimbal servo's


When i use digital servo's on output 7 and 8 for a gimbal, should i set in mixer editor channel 7 and 8 to servo >>High ?

or only for my digital tail servo on channel 4?
Aug 04, 2014, 03:22 PM
AVR Dude
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stansan
When i use digital servo's on output 7 and 8 for a gimbal, should i set in mixer editor channel 7 and 8 to servo >>High ?
Yes, that's correct.
Aug 04, 2014, 04:05 PM
Registered User
OKe thank you...

Another question wich i can not find in the manual...
The servo filter. i read that you set this as low as possible.. but how do i know what is good setting? Does it affect al servo's or only the tail servo on a tri copter?
if i set it to 10 or lets say 100 i see no difference at all.. so i'm not sure what it does..
I found that my tail servo sometimes quickly goes from left to right and so on when the tricopter stand on the ground.. but when i hold it in the hand it stops.. also when i fly it it stops too.. so im not sure if this is for the servo filter or not.....

(crappy english but i hope you understand what i mean)
Aug 05, 2014, 02:27 AM
AVR Dude
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stansan
OKe thank you...

Another question wich i can not find in the manual...
The servo filter. i read that you set this as low as possible.. but how do i know what is good setting? Does it affect al servo's or only the tail servo on a tri copter?
if i set it to 10 or lets say 100 i see no difference at all.. so i'm not sure what it does..
I found that my tail servo sometimes quickly goes from left to right and so on when the tricopter stand on the ground.. but when i hold it in the hand it stops.. also when i fly it it stops too.. so im not sure if this is for the servo filter or not.....

(crappy english but i hope you understand what i mean)
Ignore any servo movements except when flying.
The higher values are to smooth the servo pulses for analogue servos. You will get a more locked in feel with a low value, so long as your servo can cope.
Aug 06, 2014, 09:42 AM
Minister of R/C
RC4Tom's Avatar
I flashed my KK2.1.5 stock board to Steveis latest firmware V1.18S1 on stock settings and all I can say is WOW. It used to fall out of the sky and do some funny rotations and pulse the motors like crazy. Much smoother now, I will be adding my SimonK ESCs now for even better performance.

Thanks Steveis for the awesome firmware.

T.Bennett
Aug 06, 2014, 11:28 AM
AVR Dude
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliTB
I flashed my KK2.1.5 stock board to Steveis latest firmware V1.18S1 on stock settings and all I can say is WOW. It used to fall out of the sky and do some funny rotations and pulse the motors like crazy. Much smoother now, I will be adding my SimonK ESCs now for even better performance.

Thanks Steveis for the awesome firmware.

T.Bennett
Fantastic, that's what I like to hear
Aug 06, 2014, 11:03 PM
Registered User

Thank you for your hard work on KK Project. Donation Left


I want to thank you for all your hard work on the KK project. Your work helps us newbies really enjoy the hobby. I made a donation to the worthy cause; 5 GBP. My long time friend suffers from this same disease, so making a donation was like killing two birds with one stone. If that makes sense. Please keep up the good work, Regards from Fresno, California.
Aug 07, 2014, 01:18 AM
AVR Dude
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnmart
I want to thank you for all your hard work on the KK project. Your work helps us newbies really enjoy the hobby. I made a donation to the worthy cause; 5 GBP. My long time friend suffers from this same disease, so making a donation was like killing two birds with one stone. If that makes sense. Please keep up the good work, Regards from Fresno, California.
Many thanks for the donation.
Aug 07, 2014, 05:35 AM
Registered User
Hello, yours is a fantastic job.

I installed this firmware and I have a ssg.

Configure in misc settings 2, gimbal control from aux, and I assign a Pot. But moving it, just move only one of the servos. whats going on? I'm doing wrong?

thanks for your wonderful work
Aug 07, 2014, 07:17 AM
AVR Dude
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumley
Hello, yours is a fantastic job.

I installed this firmware and I have a ssg.

Configure in misc settings 2, gimbal control from aux, and I assign a Pot. But moving it, just move only one of the servos. whats going on? I'm doing wrong?

thanks for your wonderful work
Try gimbal control from 6&7 if you are using a CPPM, SBus or Satellite recevier. Then channel 6 moves one servo and channel 7 the other.


Quick Reply
Message:
Thread Tools