Tiny Little Fokker - RC Groups
Aug 02, 2014, 08:56 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Build Log

Tiny Little Fokker

My version of the Ugly Stik ... just one sheet of Depron

Any interest ? anyone like to build it ?

Plans now available at: http://www.lockeysrcplans.com

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Dec 06, 2016 at 05:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2014, 09:19 PM
A pretty little thing eh ... this one isn't and ugly sick, its a pretty stik

Can be all covered with coloured packaging tape, should come in around 500 - 600 grams and could be trike or tail dragger

Thought I might use ....

D2826-10 1400kv Brushless Motor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=12920

TURNIGY Plush 25amp Speed Controller
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

7 or 8 inch prop

HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cro_Servo.html

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Aug 03, 2014 at 07:12 AM.
Aug 03, 2014, 04:42 AM
Another good looking design Tony.

Kev.
Aug 03, 2014, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco1
Another good looking design Tony.

Kev.
Thanks Kev, I just thought I needed something very simple after the work thats gone into the Mosquito ... but I'm almost there, hope she flies good

This should be a nice little quickie and should fly nice and slow as well, one or two guys have asked me if I can do some instructional videos, working with Depron (rolling, bending etc) so I might try and do something with this one as its a very basic build and I can try the wing front radius with the fork

Then I will work on the CriCri ... that is proving to be a little more difficult than I first thought

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Aug 03, 2014 at 05:02 AM.
Aug 03, 2014, 07:36 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Looks great Lockey!

I built something similar last year though not straight sided. These planes fly real good and have great manners. Mine has a KFm2 wing.

I especially like the last image with the cockpit and pilot. May have to add that detail to mine.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
Aug 03, 2014, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Looks great Lockey!

I built something similar last year though not straight sided. These planes fly real good and have great manners. Mine has a KFm2 wing.

I especially like the last image with the cockpit and pilot. May have to add that detail to mine.

Ken
Nice one Ken, what size is it ? ... this one is just a little over 1 metre wing span

Lockey
Aug 03, 2014, 09:53 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Mine is just a tad smaller at 36"

Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
Aug 03, 2014, 09:22 PM
Looks like I might have to change this to a "build log" ... I have printed the plans and ready to go

This one is a very easy and straight forward build, would anyone like to build it along side me ? if so, can you let me know and I will send you a copy of the plans

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Aug 03, 2014 at 11:40 PM.
Aug 04, 2014, 05:03 AM
TonyS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
Looks like I might have to change this to a "build log" ... I have printed the plans and ready to go

This one is a very easy and straight forward build, would anyone like to build it along side me ? if so, can you let me know and I will send you a copy of the plans

Lockey
Yes. However, I am not certain I can build along side you... you build faster than I, and I am trying to finish two planes within the next fortnight, for our Club's annual Float Fly.

This will be my first depron scratch build, after decades of balsa and a couple years of FFF and EPP builds, and three Polaris kits. So far I have only drooled over your more rounded/rolled depron designs. Perhaps the TLF can be my stepping stone to more advanced depron builds, like your Sea Wind.

Please PM the plans. I have and use Sketchup if that helps.

TonyS
Aug 04, 2014, 06:13 AM
Good on yea Tony, I have sent you a PM but think I will need your email to send the plans as I can't see anywhere on a PM to ad an attachment

Lockey
Aug 04, 2014, 01:24 PM
TonyS
Email addy sent.

TonyS
Aug 07, 2014, 05:14 AM
Parts cut out and ready to start the build, didn't take long to cut out the parts on this one

My Foam-Tac arrived yesterday ... YES !!! I ordered x 10 tubes a couple of months ago and they got stopped in the USA by customs so I never got them, ordered x 5 two weeks ago from another vendor and they got through .. arrived yesterday, ordered 5 more last night

Lockey
Aug 07, 2014, 05:33 AM
crash expert
Im keen to try this in october, as september I will be maidening my ezfly (im building with my students who are slow and we only get a good 1/2 hour a week to do this

Also I plan to print and build a flite test storch in september
Aug 07, 2014, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixx
Im keen to try this in october, as september I will be maidening my ezfly (im building with my students who are slow and we only get a good 1/2 hour a week to do this

Also I plan to print and build a flite test storch in september
Good one felixx, look forward to seeing your build / s ... what is a Storch ?

Lockey