Joysway Force2 60 RC Catamaran - Page 4 - RC Groups
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2014, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpenguin
Interesting the comments re shipping prices.

Here the Cat is selling for AUD$178 + $13.95 shipping.
Pulled the trigger yesterday. Aussie store only has 60 stock I hear, guessing they may nearly be gone by now. I am aware of about 10 ordered already by my contacts. most of these in Tasmania.
mrpenguin, where did you get one in Australia? All I can find is ebay and atomikrc websites, freight charges between $80USD and $160USD.
Cheers
AB
Aug 05, 2014, 06:32 AM
http://www.hobbywarehouse.com.au/joy...-rc-yacht.html

From Melbourne.

They look like fun, two mainsails too.

Capsize and recovery should be considered cause cats go best sailed hard on the edge and you know you gunna go there. Lol. waterproof everything best you can first.
Aug 05, 2014, 08:13 AM
Although I like this boat I would like to see it scaled up a bit. At least 36" in length.
Aug 05, 2014, 08:57 AM
If there is anough interest, I am sure a bigger one will be looked at.
Aug 05, 2014, 09:44 AM
Buzz - just an FYI, that a MultiONE (1 meter class also exists) if you guys go bigger, I would suggest/recommend a 1 meter, and make it so IOM/1 Meter sails would fit and be interchangeable. Some place to use older sails LOL
Aug 05, 2014, 01:27 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick L.
Buzz - just an FYI, that a MultiONE (1 meter class also exists) if you guys go bigger, I would suggest/recommend a 1 meter, and make it so IOM/1 Meter sails would fit and be interchangeable. Some place to use older sails LOL
I built some bags a couple years ago for a 2 Metre x 2 Metre multihull

Saw pics of it... the wife will divorce me if I ever take an order for a bag that big again... too big for our Mom & Pop operation
Aug 05, 2014, 02:04 PM
Now don't complain ......... it probably was only for the platform. Consider if the guy owning this one would have asked for a trailer cover !

Photo is of the cover of an issue of my old "E-Newsletter" from year 2000 - before the concept of electronic magazines was popular.
Aug 05, 2014, 02:41 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick L.
Now don't complain ......... it probably was only for the platform. Consider if the guy owning this one would have asked for a trailer cover !

Photo is of the cover of an issue of my old "E-Newsletter" from year 2000 - before the concept of electronic magazines was popular.

It was only for the platform... Nice article... Ill bet you could that multihull to foil
Aug 05, 2014, 02:58 PM
And back on topic we go..........
Aug 05, 2014, 11:26 PM
Hey - might still be on topic - if Joysway were really interested in making a big splash in the multihull arena.
Aug 06, 2014, 02:25 AM
Any thoughts on the difference in performance between a 650mm catamaran and a one metre catamaran?

I am guessing the larger boat may be a bit easier to tack assuming it would be heavier???
Aug 06, 2014, 07:41 AM
Has anyone received their Cat yet? Anxious for an unbox video/review
Aug 06, 2014, 08:15 AM
I will have one on Friday.
Aug 06, 2014, 09:22 AM
Still waiting for mine.....
A couple of the Hobart boys have had them on the water today in a fair bit of wind. They have mentioned the following issues....

Some wrinkling of sails out of the box, fixed with a cool iron on unprinted side of sail (be very careful!)
Flex between hulls, resolved but not sure how.
Rudders binding through hull, similar issues and fix to the DF.
Glue required around eyelets (maybe same reason as DF deck eyes?)
Waterproofing issues - not specified how water was getting in.
Winch considered slow, talk of conversion to arm winch.
Mast loose in socket, resolved by adding heat shrink tube to make it thicker.
Recommended to fit some masthead flotation as it should make them easier to recover using fishing rod or pusher boat. They DO fall over.... Without masthead float they finish up with mast straight down and sails underwater making it very hard to rescue without swimming to the boat.

Said to be tricky to sail. Plan on it falling over and have a rescue method ready.
They go well!!!

This is all second hand information so is only offered as a guide.
Last edited by mrpenguin; Aug 06, 2014 at 09:33 AM.