Joysway Force2 60 RC Catamaran - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 02, 2014, 04:10 PM
One might be if they provided a very fast winch so you can dump the main if/when needed. Probably something to look at when you first get it and decide. A swing arm might be fast enough depending on how much room it has. Will know by Wednesday according to FedEx.

They could fix the problem with a central keel and a big blob of lead to slow you down and keep you upright ! Or, quickly send you to bottom - depending on internal buoyancy.

@Tom:
You can go fast and deal with sailing them correctly, or you can add lead and sail much slower.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2014, 04:41 PM
Looking forward to hearing reviews of this cat.
Aug 02, 2014, 05:30 PM
Interesting the comments re shipping prices.

Here the Cat is selling for AUD$178 + $13.95 shipping.
Pulled the trigger yesterday. Aussie store only has 60 stock I hear, guessing they may nearly be gone by now. I am aware of about 10 ordered already by my contacts. most of these in Tasmania.
Aug 02, 2014, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Corbett
Nobody seems to want to talk about the big issue with r/c cats. They flip over and or pitch pole on a regular basis and you have to go get them. Has Joysway solved this problem?
Look at the vids that were posted...its in a pretty decent breeze and seems happy as a clam (cat)

The issue is not with "r/c cats", it happens to the real ones as well....buy one and accept it may happen...don't want to accept it, stick with a mono.
Aug 02, 2014, 07:03 PM
Boomer1
I have shipped a few boats to Canada and remember it was a tad pricey plus they have a tarrif/tax they base on the declared value. Thankfully they arrived safely.
Good luck.
Boomer
Aug 04, 2014, 07:13 AM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobydog6507
Look at the vids that were posted...its in a pretty decent breeze and seems happy as a clam (cat)

The issue is not with "r/c cats", it happens to the real ones as well....buy one and accept it may happen...don't want to accept it, stick with a mono.
Yup! cant wait for mine to arrive!
Aug 04, 2014, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Nobody seems to want to talk about the big issue with r/c cats. They flip over and or pitch pole on a regular basis and you have to go get them. Has Joysway solved this problem?
I see a market for some type of powered r/c recovery barge with some type of flip up arm to perform recovery services during a race
Aug 04, 2014, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsheldon
I see a market for some type of powered r/c recovery barge with some type of flip up arm to perform recovery services during a race
Lol, actually not a bad idea
Aug 04, 2014, 10:55 AM
Boomer1
Interesting. I use a Proboat Motor Life Boat as my rescue boat. I works great for pulling mono hull sail boats and my powered cats. I image it could be tricky recovering a capsized cat .

Consider what would be needed to get a cat back to shore or even uprighted
Aug 04, 2014, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Tom - that seems to be a picture, painted with a pretty big brush. That aside, where have you seen all of these cats that have flipped over or pitch-poled - especially the remote control ones? There haven't been many sold as a complete boat or kit. Most are home built, and I would wonder about what design there were built to? I'm not saying it doesn't/won't happen but on the other hand, one doesn't see/hear of many cats or trimarans that "broach" going downwind.

I raced my big cats from late 1970's into 2005 and in all of those years racing (local clubs, state or North American's) I managed to dump it a total of one (1) time, and it went over sideways while I was running a starting line to determine lifts and headers. If a large wave (Lake Huron) hadn't picked up my windward hull the same time a gust hit, it probably wouldn't have happened.

If you don't know what you are doing, and just enjoy reaching back and forth trying to fly a hull with the main-sheet cleated (or with a slow winch on an r/c multihull) you kind of get what you ask for.
Aug 04, 2014, 12:42 PM

Price went up

Atomic raised the price $20.00 on the Cat. Glad I got mine before they did.
Will send a review from Alaska in a few weeks. Can't wait to see how it sails!
Aug 04, 2014, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabycx
Atomic raised the price $20.00 on the Cat. Glad I got mine before they did.
Will send a review from Alaska in a few weeks. Can't wait to see how it sails!
Hmmm taking advantage of demand/interest, dangerous trick to pull.
Aug 04, 2014, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by habutti
Hmmm taking advantage of demand/interest, dangerous trick to pull.
Or maybe they had a Minimum advertised price to live by and probably didnt catch it until this weekend when they has a stack of orders... often happens in the world of internet retailers
Aug 04, 2014, 02:27 PM
Cool - first boat purchase to appreciate in value after it was purchased !
Aug 04, 2014, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick L.
Cool - first boat purchase to appreciate in value after it was purchased !
Lol yup... well maybe Brit Pops when they first came out