View Poll Results: How do you find the Flying3D X8 ?
It's a great 350mm quadcopter, I am very happy to own it 96 36.23%
It's a good model, but I am not fully statisfied 91 34.34%
I am disapointed 78 29.43%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Aug 15, 2014, 08:35 PM
@fx1mark
once you checkout from the cart, where you can select the shipping, it showed me expedited SH (3-5 business days) for free/no cost...
not sure if that was a deal only valid till the end of the 15th, since it now shows me 44$ for that option if i would buy one now..

but last time i used EMS (8$ for the X8 to US) and it took 5 days from warehouse to delivery...
they have "deals" with shipping companies/customs, which makes it much faster than standard air.

@capt wally
did you calibrate compass/throttle?
or "re-do" the initial setup? check with SeByDocKy.
since he owns one already, he might be able to help.
anytime i got trouble with anything that is electrical/electronic, i do a (full) reset, just to see if it works.
Last edited by fry178; Aug 15, 2014 at 10:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2014, 02:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fry178
@fx1mark
once you checkout from the cart, where you can select the shipping, it showed me expedited SH (3-5 business days) for free/no cost...
not sure if that was a deal only valid till the end of the 15th, since it now shows me 44$ for that option if i would buy one now..

but last time i used EMS (8$ for the X8 to US) and it took 5 days from warehouse to delivery...
they have "deals" with shipping companies/customs, which makes it much faster than standard air.

@capt wally
did you calibrate compass/throttle?
or "re-do" the initial setup? check with SeByDocKy.
since he owns one already, he might be able to help.
anytime i got trouble with anything that is electrical/electronic, i do a (full) reset, just to see if it works.

Yes I recalibrated compass .... for throttle I didn't managed yet coz instructions are really really not clear

I will try to make video of the compass calibration ... it's easy and quiet similar to many multicopter of this size
Aug 16, 2014, 09:38 AM
Thread OP
Hi,

I reopened the X8 in order to make more precise closeup photos

USB plug and gimbal plug (connected to CH7 of the RX)

The lower part is scaling 131.1g

A closeup photo of the RX

As you can see, the CH8 is free ... and a free JR cable is available

Mosfet associated with the FC

A close up photo of the FC referenced MC-X4-BL V1.3

MCU : STM32 F103T8U8, a M3 CPU-core (http://www.st.com/web/catalog/mmc/FM...N1565/PF189786)
Gyro + accelero : Invensense MPU-60??

Funny ..., 2 free +12V available

Other good news, some small banana plug for the brushless motors

A basic scheme according to wiring I saw

Last edited by SeByDocKy; Aug 16, 2014 at 10:55 AM.
Aug 16, 2014, 01:11 PM
Thread OP
A small test of the aux knobs ....

Flying3D X8 AUX test (Courtesy of Banggood) (0 min 33 sec)
Aug 16, 2014, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Yes I recalibrated compass ....
that was for capt wally, but i think it was for a different thread
if "you" want to use a 2 servo/CH gimbal, the additional plug next to the Rx needs to be connected to Rx and gimbal port....
(not sure if the gimbal from flying3D is only 1CH, or if they just forgot to plug it in at the factory).

how would you rate the quad/components on a scale from 1-10, and compared to others in similar price range?

@Buhoff
RTH can be activated by switch/if it looses signal/if battery is getting low:
no matter "where" it is, it will climb/drop to 15m (45ft) and return to start location, hover and then land...
Last edited by fry178; Aug 16, 2014 at 10:45 PM.
Aug 16, 2014, 09:45 PM
Si ša peut chier, ša va chier
Can you retake control once RTH is activated?
Aug 16, 2014, 10:43 PM
not that i know.
but i've seen at least one quad that claims, you have full control while RTH is active.

since you normally dont need it during flight (unless signal gets lost/lipo gets empty or because u cant see it anymore, might even "interfere" with RTH), so i dont worry about it.
and even if switched by accident, once it lands, just take off again
Last edited by fry178; Aug 17, 2014 at 12:56 AM.
Aug 17, 2014, 12:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCalamity
Can you retake control once RTH is activated?
I think if you return to normal mode, you can retake control .... I have to check this point ...
Aug 17, 2014, 12:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
that was for capt wally, but i think it was for a different thread
if "you" want to use a 2 servo/CH gimbal, the additional plug next to the Rx needs to be connected to Rx and gimbal port....
(not sure if the gimbal from flying3D is only 1CH, or if they just forgot to plug it in at the factory).

how would you rate the quad/components on a scale from 1-10, and compared to others in similar price range?

@Buhoff
RTH can be activated by switch/if it looses signal/if battery is getting low:
no matter "where" it is, it will climb/drop to 15m (45ft) and return to start location, hover and then land...
I woudn't be surprize than they forgot to plug it to the gimbal port ... I think I had a the "sample" for this review. I would like to see some confirmation from other users.

Unfortunatly, I can't compare to other quads ....but I am happy with this one.
My major concerns are more related to the release date of spare parts and about software/FW avability
Aug 17, 2014, 02:29 AM
@Sebeydocky
well i might be able to post something in about a week ,if i get it by friday.

any luck on (any fitting) spare props ?
dont care much about FW (update) if not needed to fix "issues", but would like to see software for the pc, to adjust/tweak the quad...

do you have a contact "inside" Flying3D that might be able to give an answer on the time frame (software) , or was it just with banggood (to review it) ?
Aug 17, 2014, 03:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
@Sebeydocky
well i might be able to post something in about a week ,if i get it by friday.

any luck on (any fitting) spare props ?
dont care much about FW (update) if not needed to fix "issues", but would like to see software for the pc, to adjust/tweak the quad...

do you have a contact "inside" Flying3D that might be able to give an answer on the time frame (software) , or was it just with banggood (to review it) ?
I ordered the phantom ones ... to see if they fit well (I have a hope).
No contact at Flying3D at all, only at BG. I asked to Jacky to contact them for spart parts release date and of course for the software ...

I have a (secret) hope that a WiFi/BT module can be used ... and why not pathplanning hidden feature ...

I am trying to find informations about this MC-X4-BL FC board ... but actually no hit
Aug 18, 2014, 01:49 AM
@Buhoff
RTH can be deactivated if switched to manual mode, but not recommended to prevent flip/loss of control...
Aug 18, 2014, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
THNX again!

and i ordered the phantom's 8045 props and 9443 props. The 9443 props added 1-2 min of flight time to my Phantom1, maybe they will be just as good and in this copter
Last edited by Buhoff; Aug 18, 2014 at 06:02 AM.
Aug 18, 2014, 06:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhoff
THNX again!

and i ordered the phantom's 8045 props and 9443 props. The 9443 props added 1-2 min of flight time to my Phantom1, maybe they will be just as good and in this copter
Do you know the inner diameter of such 9443 ? as well as the 8045 ?
Aug 18, 2014, 07:54 AM
they MUST be identical Will see when they arrives. Odrered for some experiments However, the original dji 9443 and 8045 phantom props what i have is self-tightening, and the nuts of S-T 8045 and S-T 9443 props are identical.

Phantom1 and phantom2 have identical motors, inner diameter is 8mm
i ordered non-self-tightening props 8045 here http://www.goodluckbuy.com/8045-84-5...le-2pairs.html

9443 here http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-phant...ite-1pair.html

sad that we can not use self-tightening props on X8, if CW and CCW motors have same thread direction

Quick Reply