View Poll Results: How do you find the Flying3D X8 ?
It's a great 350mm quadcopter, I am very happy to own it 96 36.23%
It's a good model, but I am not fully statisfied 91 34.34%
I am disapointed 78 29.43%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Aug 14, 2014, 08:44 AM
Registered User
Buhoff's Avatar
Guys, it seems to be a Ideafly Appolo clone! maybe appolo's software is acceptable by X8?
http://www.idea-fly.com/en/products.asp?ID=15
http://www.idea-fly.com/en/Download.asp?id=15
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2014, 01:25 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhoff
Guys, it seems to be a Ideafly Appolo clone! maybe appolo's software is acceptable by X8?
http://www.idea-fly.com/en/products.asp?ID=15
http://www.idea-fly.com/en/Download.asp?id=15
The FC of the X8 seems to be different from the appolo model
Aug 14, 2014, 05:14 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
The DJI PHANTOM P330 8045 propellers seems to be idendical to the X8 ones ....
I have to check if diameter are compatible

http://www.banggood.com/DJI-PHANTOM-...W-p-91085.html
Aug 15, 2014, 12:48 AM
Registered User
fry178's Avatar
@SeByDocKy

any word on software/program to config the quad (not interested in FW update; unless needed)?
Aug 15, 2014, 12:56 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fry178
@SeByDocKy

any word on software/program to config the quad (not interested in FW update; unless needed)?

I have zero information in it actually ..... I will try to contact flying3D directly ....
Aug 15, 2014, 02:28 AM
Registered User
Buhoff's Avatar
Please tell at what moment copter records homepoint? Have some led signals?

Now i read the manual, and found this: (in p.10- OSD)
"The home point will record as soon as you have connected to one satellite"

is it really possible? I thought that one satellite is not enough (min. is 6) to determine the Homepoint correctly.
Last edited by Buhoff; Aug 15, 2014 at 02:57 AM. Reason: more info
Aug 15, 2014, 03:22 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhoff
Please tell at what moment copter records homepoint? Have some led signals?

Now i read the manual, and found this: (in p.10- OSD)
"The home point will record as soon as you have connected to one satellite"

is it really possible? I thought that one satellite is not enough (min. is 6) to determine the Homepoint correctly.
No I think you are right.... at least 6 statellites is required. But don't worry, the X8 GPS is fixing fast. 3mm the first time then around 5s after. I think you should never take off before fixing GPS in order to use RTH IMHO

EDIT . When GPS is fixed, you have all informations on your radio .... and you have a slow blinking blue light
Aug 15, 2014, 04:51 AM
Suspended Account
You actually don't need 6 sats for a position, 3 is usually enough for basic triangulation, Lat & Long (really more known as 2D) but 4 is generally accepted as accurate enuf for 3D. The ref we often read needing 6 sats is mainly due the fact that there are 6 sats minimum in view at any one time over much of the Earths surface from the 31 available in space.

Simply put the more Sats the more accuracy which is only as good as the controller anyway:-)
Remember we put a lot of faith in the GPS system for our Quads but being a radio based system means interference is very real, don't be relying on it 100%.
CW
Last edited by capt wally; Aug 15, 2014 at 05:38 AM.
Aug 15, 2014, 06:30 AM
Registered User
Buhoff's Avatar
I forgot to ask one important function - failsafe. Is copter return to home if it loses signal or transmitter powered off? Will it return in state mode and height mode?
Aug 15, 2014, 08:45 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhoff
I forgot to ask one important function - failsafe. Is copter return to home if it loses signal or transmitter powered off? Will it return in state mode and height mode?
Yes ... RTH when signal is lost ...
Aug 15, 2014, 02:10 PM
Registered User
fry178's Avatar
today is the "last day" for the sale on banggood:
get the X8 for $285 and free 5 day shipping (only tried US).

use coupon GOODBG for additional 5% off (so it comes down to $270)..
Last edited by fry178; Aug 15, 2014 at 07:24 PM.
Aug 15, 2014, 05:24 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fry178
today is the "last day" for the sale on banggood:
get the X8 for $285 and free 5 day shipping (only tried US).

use coupon GOODBG for additional 5% off..


Did you receive yours ?
Aug 15, 2014, 07:23 PM
Registered User
fry178's Avatar
i wish
just ordered this morning.
expect to get it by end of next week if im lucky..
Aug 15, 2014, 07:43 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fry178
today is the "last day" for the sale on banggood:
get the X8 for $285 and free 5 day shipping (only tried US).

use coupon GOODBG for additional 5% off (so it comes down to $270)..
how did you get free 5 day shipping? I don't see it available.
Aug 15, 2014, 08:03 PM
Suspended Account

X8


I see Banggood have this for AU$315, wondering whether it's a batter machine than the CX20/Nova, mine has been bloody awful of late! Anyone got or had both types?


CW


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools