This thread is privately moderated by sir_clive, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 27, 2014, 06:36 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

SBach 342 - Part 2

Finally, I managed to find some time and to continue to work on my SBach 342.

In the meantime, I purchased a copy of DevWing - a very very nice program, although a bit unstable and "quirky" at moments. I'll be posting my wing definitions here as soon as they are finished - for the time being, I concentrate on the fuselage.

What I am pretty unsure about is whether I picked the wood (ply vs. balsa) and thickness correctly. The most will be balsa, at least that's the current plan, and it will be a 2mm balsa of a harder kind. 3 resp. 2mm ply will only be used for the motor mount, firewall and the front part of the fuselage. The turtledeck and the upper area of the fuselage front partition (say, "fore turtledeck" ) will be sheeted with 1 or 1.5mm balsa (please note, that the formers are not yet adjusted for the sheeting thickness!), and the entire fuselage will then be covered with covering film.

I hope to make a depron prototype tomorrow, just the "base" without any sheeting, to see whether all the parts fit correctly. I only have the 3mm depron, but it will be a good approximation for the 2mm parts I guess.

If somebody wants the CAD drawing, I'll be happy to provide it. A "letter / A4 paginated" PDF will be provided with the final plans.
Latest blog entry: 1.5.0 Beta 2 is released!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply