Dec 19, 2014, 05:09 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi P,
In the Vision Assistant application, while connected to your Phantom, select the Basic/RC and then select the Upgrade Version. You will have pitch gimbal control with your lever if fitted. Note that it is set for the thmbwheel type of operation with a center spring so any movement from the lever's center will start the gimbal moving up or down until it is re-centered. You should also calibrate your X1 lever and Tx while on that page.

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcher8811
Thanks for the info Mako. Mine only took about 2 minutes to calibrate and gave me the temp warning 3/4 of the way through.

I haven't gotten a chance to fly it yet, but so far everything looks good. Has anyone found a way of getting X1 tilt control while in the Vision App?
Last edited by jesolins; Dec 20, 2014 at 08:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2014, 01:15 AM
Anyone want to lay out a step by step Parts and wiring diagram for us ADD dummies?

I can solder, read, clip and crimp and use a volt meter.
Dec 20, 2014, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondante
Anyone want to lay out a step by step Parts and wiring diagram for us ADD dummies?

I can solder, read, clip and crimp and use a volt meter.

Here are some diagrams. One shows the stock wiring, and the other shows how it should be connected with the H3-3D. The only extra thing you will need is a long, 8 pin gimbal ribbon cable from a Phantom 2. You can order it online as a replacement part.
Dec 20, 2014, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
Hi P,
In the Vision Assistant application, while connected to your Phantom, select the Basic/RC and then select the Upgrade Version. You will have pitch gimbal control with your lever if fitted. Note that it is set for the thmbwheel type of operation with a center spring so any movement from the lever's center will start the gimbal moving up or down until it is re-centered. You should also calibrate your X1 lever and Tx while on that page.

Cheers,
Jim
Thanks Jim! I knew I read something like that somewhere on this thread, but I couldn't find it again. I probably passed it up 2-3 times.
Dec 20, 2014, 04:09 PM
Finally got a flight in with the H3-3D. It was great! My next project will be finding a control knob that will return to center for gimbal control. After that, I may play around with an arduino and try to find a way to take pictures and video.
Dec 21, 2014, 11:31 AM
Will my new controller with the gimbal rotary switch work?
Dec 21, 2014, 11:39 AM
Also, is this the cable?

DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter FPV Wireless Video Transmitter Signal Connection 8-Pin Cable 300mm Gray for Zenmuse H3-2D Z15 Gimbal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NIRT8O6..._iEVLub1YM8Q6B

THANK YOU FOR your help.
Dec 21, 2014, 12:06 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi D,
Yes.
Quote:
Will my new controller with the gimbal rotary switch work?
Yes.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Also, is this the cable?

DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter FPV Wireless Video Transmitter Signal Connection 8-Pin Cable 300mm Gray for Zenmuse H3-2D Z15 Gimbal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NIRT8O6..._iEVLub1YM8Q6B

THANK YOU FOR your help.
Dec 21, 2014, 12:41 PM
K. Now if I can find one shipped from U.S and not China I'll be cooking. Tha k yall so much. Going to buy a hero 4.

Ooops. One more thing. That cable says for HD-2D does it also work for HD-3D? Sorry for all the questions. You guys kick ass
Dec 21, 2014, 12:46 PM
I got mine shipped from China, and it was fine. I ordered through Helipal and got a cable pack that included a spare compass cable and CAN bus cable. It took ten business days in total from when I ordered it to when I received it.
Dec 21, 2014, 01:46 PM
Ok. Will I have to modify the p2v+ belly When I mount my HD-3D gimbal? I have read the opening is smaller.
Dec 22, 2014, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Ok. Will I have to modify the p2v+ belly When I mount my HD-3D gimbal? I have read the opening is smaller.
It depends. Some of the earlier models had a slightly different opening on the bottom. If you have a rounded opening like the one in the picture below, it should fit just fine. If it is the rectangular version below, modification will be needed.
Dec 22, 2014, 09:42 PM
Sweet! Thanks
Dec 23, 2014, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Sweet! Thanks
You're welcome!
Dec 23, 2014, 10:40 AM

Fail

Hello guys i have finally received a new range extender so i was ready to go test everything out. So.....

GPS Locked quite fast. Transmitter seems to be working fine. Telemetry and video look ok in the app but i have a HUGE SHAKE on my GLB Gimbal when flying.
Any ideas?
It has 2.40b7 GUI.

Quick Reply