Let's see the S.P.A.Ds - Page 7 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Spadplanter, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 12, 2004, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClimaxPilot
I gotta say guys , you's are building some of the uggliest rc planes i've ever seen, keep up the good work... :O) Actually not the trainer in the above shot, as far as trainers go, that's a thing of beauty.

There is a saying. "If it flies it ain't ugly!"
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2004, 10:44 AM
wfmdpw

Scatch built coroplast profile

Just finished my scatch built coroplastic profile.

Power system mega 15/16/3
irate 2600 li-ploy
11-7 prop
two hitec 55's
AUW is 29 ounces

Fly's fantastic, better than I had hoped. Since it is coroplastic it is very durable and was cheap to build
Oct 07, 2004, 05:23 AM
IBS #11
Planter, you can just make one from hdpe and stiff wire with a couple wheel collars, just find a good pic of one and copy it with hdpe. I havent bought a commercial mount in at least thee years or more-then again I havent bought wheels or much else aside from coro for that matter :P
Oct 12, 2004, 09:56 AM
Here is some of mine.
A spadet, spad extra, and one of my own designs
Oct 15, 2004, 02:28 PM
BOOGERBOY

I like this forum! This is only my second post. Howdy everbody! Boogerboy
Oct 16, 2004, 09:05 PM
I can TOO fly!
We get into ruts when we get to be old f*rts, RCH. It amazes me to see how much ingenuity is used with these things.
Oct 21, 2004, 04:40 AM

My SPAD

I haven't been flying long, since January infact. I've built balsa, but have recently build a SPAD Extra from the SPAD home Page. It didn't take long to build and I modified it somewhat from the plan as we cannot obtain the 2 1/2 inch gutter pipe in Australia. It came out at 5.8 lb and is powered by a Force 46 2 stroke. Flies famously with no bad habits and does whatever you want it to do.
Oct 21, 2004, 10:33 AM
my new 60-size stick...Bob
Oct 21, 2004, 08:47 PM
I can TOO fly!
Y'know they may be pretty ugly when freshly built, but certainly look better than bal$a after a crash (or 2).
Oct 22, 2004, 05:23 AM

My SPAD

Here's tryin' again. I'll try attaching reduced size images and see if they will upload.
Oct 23, 2004, 10:34 PM
A couple pics of a build by Zombie ...

Specs and more info can be seen at: spadworld.net

Last edited by SpadZombie; Oct 23, 2004 at 10:43 PM.
Oct 24, 2004, 06:57 AM
wfmdpw
I like to call this "area 51 where are you".
Nov 09, 2004, 07:12 PM
Wingman2004

Spad Zagi Clone-spaggi

My first wing was a dazi, but I built it out of 4mm coroplast and it was heavy.It flew, but would only mush around in the air. I had to add a fuselage tube to get the battery out in front of the nose in order to get the CG right. It looked like a lawn dart! My next wing shown below is a spaggi, built with 2mm coroplast. I had to add some weight to the nose, but was able to keep it inside the wing this time. It is still a little on the heavy side for a 400 speed motor, but it performs a lot better.
Nov 09, 2004, 10:28 PM

Very Nice Plane and Thanks for the P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadinator
Here are a couple of my SPADS

The top one is a Hot Canary and the bottom is the Viper II
I really dig the Viper II very much.....its awesome. I give alot of credit to you for sharing and giving the info's to this fine design plane.

Thanks.....John.
Nov 10, 2004, 02:02 AM
I can TOO fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfmdpw
I like to call this "area 51 where are you".
Do you have a video of this thing flying?????????
I LOVE it!