This thread is privately moderated by Spadplanter, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 12, 2019, 09:25 PM
Nice model Web! I do prefer the motor over the soft piano, funny at the end. Its odd that this thread should pick up today since I flew this.....
Name: 20190612_220700.jpg
Views: 26
Size: 5.01 MB
Description:
...today. It was the second series of flights on it with the maiden being over a month ago. This was with an 8x4 on an os 10 fp. The first flight was a 7x4 and way underpowered. Today was better but not great, I do have an OS 15 LA waiting to try next. Its what the plans call for but I wanted to see what the 10 could do. The motor mount will need to be modded and extended for the 15 to get better balance with less ballast. This is my version of the SPAD Gnat. I'm going to use it as a sport plane hence the landing gear. I must say it is really easy to fly even with the lack of power. Just plodding around even in some wind it is stable and controllable. Ground handling is awesome (at this point its as good a car as plane) I think the 15 should do good if not I'll find a 25 or something.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2019, 10:39 PM
This one and one of mine done with correx he has a very quiet very good flight too
Jun 12, 2019, 10:47 PM
glider pilot in training
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregco10
Nice model Web! I do prefer the motor over the soft piano, funny at the end. Its odd that this thread should pick up today since I flew this.....
Attachment 12187277
...today. It was the second series of flights on it with the maiden being over a month ago. This was with an 8x4 on an os 10 fp. The first flight was a 7x4 and way underpowered. Today was better but not great, I do have an OS 15 LA waiting to try next. Its what the plans call for but I wanted to see what the 10 could do. The motor mount will need to be modded and extended for the 15 to get better balance with less ballast. This is my version of the SPAD Gnat. I'm going to use it as a sport plane hence the landing gear. I must say it is really easy to fly even with the lack of power. Just plodding around even in some wind it is stable and controllable. Ground handling is awesome (at this point its as good a car as plane) I think the 15 should do good if not I'll find a 25 or something.
had to put in the music, the club chatterbox was there and one couldn't even hear the engine over him
Sep 10, 2019, 10:46 PM
After some tuning and a motor swap, I have it to where I want it. Spad Gnat, OS 15la, 7x5 apc, es08md2 servos, 2s 500mah with regulator receiver pack, Dubro 4oz tank ,Frsky rx, cheap landing gear. As for varying from the plans, Landing gear and steerable tail, dual aileron servos. Also the wing originally went from bottom, form leading edge, then down where the fuse passes through the wing to a low trailing edge. I omitted the last step because it seemed to have like reverse washout. Now its just a straight KF1 and has natural washout built in. Flies great as it is and is very fun!

SPAD Gnat Home supply store special combat plane Greg006 (4 min 3 sec)

Quick Reply