Apr 17, 2015, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarray
Loved your idea, thanks for sharing. Had to build my own, full size plans are done, so foam cutting starts tonight. I was able to fit 4 on 2 sheets of foam. Also I have come up with a plan for removable wings. Here is my parts layout:

any progress?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2015, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen
any progress?
Ya, I got all 4 cut out. What a pain cutting the 32 nacelles! First one is glued together with the exception of the wing spar and the method of attaching the wing tips.
Apr 17, 2015, 03:23 PM
Here are a few shots of what I got so far. You can see how I am attaching the wings.
Apr 17, 2015, 03:34 PM
cool, you are going to be amazed by the ability it has for flat turns and knife edges! lol
Apr 17, 2015, 06:18 PM
Any suggestions for attaching the outboard wing section to the plane. The fiberglass rod that inserts into the carbon arrow shaft is too small to drill. I am thinking 2 short dowels and a rubber band.
Apr 19, 2015, 06:24 PM
any update on plans??
Oct 08, 2015, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, Man it's been a crazy year!
I'm on version 8 now, and I think its finally a good model. I'm going to redraw it in sketch up this upcoming week and make plans available. Also going to try selling kits I cut on my Phlat Printer. But first things first, I'm taking a bunch of V8 planes to the field this weekend for some formation flying.
Jun 12, 2016, 02:22 PM
got my airbrush back up and working. The b-17's have gone through a few more changes, and now I love them even more. I'll post a video soon of the latest flights.

Jun 12, 2016, 02:37 PM
Allways the hard way!
Now that looks neat.. far too nice for combat!!
Jun 12, 2016, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgy
Now that looks neat.. far too nice for combat!!
I don't plan on it this time. It has retracts and flies nice and slow and scale. All I want to do is touch and goes all day long. it's so locked in you can even pick what wheel you want to land on first.
Jun 12, 2016, 11:13 PM
Allways the hard way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr71freak
I don't plan on it this time. It has retracts and flies nice and slow and scale. All I want to do is touch and goes all day long. it's so locked in you can even pick what wheel you want to land on first.
I have no more excuses left not to build a big bomber!

Been wanting for a long time.. i keep getting stuck between B17, B24 and Lancaster. And the Shackleton... Oh, and having to buy 4x motor/esc combos
Jun 13, 2016, 08:40 AM
Thats why i cheat, and only use 2 motors.
Rumbuilder simple B17 (3 min 19 sec)
Jun 13, 2016, 01:51 PM
Allways the hard way!
Pretty cool video! Thanx for sharing.. I had to smile all the way!!
Jun 19, 2016, 06:57 AM
new better video. Got my wife to record for me. This one is a little under powered, but the next few I'm doing should not have that problem.

simple bomber flight in HD (6 min 22 sec)
Nov 30, 2018, 05:34 PM
Is this the same project?

Giant Fleet of DIY B-17 Bombers! (3 min 58 sec)

Quick Reply