Aug 14, 2014, 07:34 AM
the f14's are a plane designed by another club member, they are built off templates, and will do 90+mph easy!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2014, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond-leflyr
By the way, even though it looks weird to see jets attacking a B-17, the jets in the videos look like fun too.
I consider it an alternative history where a future generation ME-262 is up against our aging bomber fleet.
Aug 14, 2014, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus
I consider it an alternative history where a future generation ME-262 is up against our aging bomber fleet.
lol, nice.
I'd like to come up with a simple WW11 fighter that fly's as good as the clubs f-14, but thats a tall order.
Aug 15, 2014, 10:30 PM
When pigs fly rc
Cool can't wait till the plans are done.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:27 PM
made a big step forward on the b17 tonight. Can you say removable wing?
Aug 16, 2014, 10:40 AM
When pigs fly rc
Nice!!
Aug 18, 2014, 06:19 PM
Super fun day, got two bombers in the air for a formation photo opp.

rc B-17's flying formation (4 min 58 sec)

Aug 18, 2014, 09:20 PM
Awesome planes, I gotta try one of these.......Thanks for sharing your videos and pics with us
Aug 20, 2014, 06:43 AM
73" b17 v3 torture test (5 min 13 sec)

here's the v3 torture test.
Aug 21, 2014, 08:36 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Some of those pics, not so much formation flying, almost B-17s mating, the classic "Fly United".

Aug 21, 2014, 12:44 PM
Out the Window
Have you tried the removable wing yet? It would sure make it easier to transport.
Aug 21, 2014, 12:55 PM
The plane doing the fallowing has a removable wing.
Aug 28, 2014, 02:05 PM
Worlds shortest combat round! Right before we started Someone asked, (about my bomber) "he going up?"
Jim (pilot of the f-14) said, "ya, but not for verry long!"

no one has ever been so right about something as he was about that!
I think I'm going to have to start throwing in some evasive maneuvers on the next flight!

Jim snipes my B-17 asap. (4 min 9 sec)
Aug 29, 2014, 08:20 AM
#3 and 4 are pictured here. 3 is repaired fron a crash, and 4 is almost finished being built. I'be painted both of them, they will be green on top and white on bottom. I'll also be doing some simple shadows and hilights on them with the air brush to make them look better in the air. Next goal is to get five in the air at once.
Aug 29, 2014, 08:58 AM
Hey, watch this!

Time

Yes, I know that time is "short", "our greatest asset", and . . . "money". And I know that it takes time to make drawings for model airplanes. I'm thinking that it's asking a lot to ask for you to take the Time to provide actual plans for us to copy - and so I'm wondering how you made the plans for your B-17 - and maybe I could make my own. Nothing fancy, just enough to get some outlines cut on foam to get started.

I have one of those image projectors and could use an 8x10 3-view to get something on paper. I've never tried anything that large and so I expect there would be some distortion but it should be minor. Anyway, the question is; is this how you made your plans and do you have any hints or suggestions based on your experience? Thanks.

Oh, love your videos.

Quick Reply