Aug 03, 2014, 11:17 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE
Took the CPM to Germany. Fly everyday. Radio in my backpack. 4 lipos and a little cheapo charger. Had to check the CPM packed up nice in a box with a ton of bubble wrap. Worked great but cost a few bucks for the extra box. Round trip I think it cost my Dad more than the plane did just to bring it. But, bottom line; gotta fly. Mom's been taking vids. May have to edit some and do a TH German tour vid but the 1MCY is going to be a focus once jet lag wears off Hope you all are well back home!

Sell your Edge Kam. Fresh new EPP is soooooo NICE!!!
Cool you guys are having fun there and you're getting airtime A.

Sell my Edge?

Nah! I like it to much even with it's battle scars. The smaller version and a couple others are up for sell though. No worries I'll get the big Yak sooner or later.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2014, 08:19 AM
what the thickness of the EPP on this 39"?

is it the same as the standard 32" planes?
Aug 04, 2014, 12:42 PM
Sam Adams Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampflyer
what the thickness of the EPP on this 39"?

is it the same as the standard 32" planes?
I asked this same question earlier and was informed it's the same as other 39" rc-factory planes.

My old rc-factory flash is about 20mm at the thickest part of the wing and horizontal fuse piece. much beefier than the 9mm 32" planes.
Hope that helps.
Aug 05, 2014, 09:41 PM
Team Twisted!
Thread OP
Foam on the New 39" Crack Yak is 12mm and 16mm thick. Horizontal part of the fuselage is 16mm and the wing at the thickest part is also 16mm. Vertical fuselage, rudder and elevator are all 12mm thick.

So who all has one of these in the air already? Just had mine out a short while ago, way too much fun.... awesome plane. I have been flying with 450/3s, 650/3s and 750/3s, they all work well, will probably gravitate to the 650s.
cdee
Aug 06, 2014, 04:32 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Hi. Where do you fly?
Aug 06, 2014, 09:13 PM
Team Twisted!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
Hi. Where do you fly?
During the week at a park near 26th and Youngfield.... Friday nights and the week end, the soccer fields near Colfax and Rooney Road. What about you?
cdee
Aug 07, 2014, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee
Foam on the New 39" Crack Yak is 12mm and 16mm thick. Horizontal part of the fuselage is 16mm and the wing at the thickest part is also 16mm. Vertical fuselage, rudder and elevator are all 12mm thick.

So who all has one of these in the air already? Just had mine out a short while ago, way too much fun.... awesome plane. I have been flying with 450/3s, 650/3s and 750/3s, they all work well, will probably gravitate to the 650s.
cdee
Looking good Chris, haven't flown mine on 3s 450mah yet though I believe it would just fine. Been flying with 3s750/850mah mostly which seems well balanced for the model.
Aug 07, 2014, 07:43 AM
Team Twisted!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm
Looking good Chris, haven't flown mine on 3s 450mah yet though I believe it would just fine. Been flying with 3s750/850mah mostly which seems well balanced for the model.
Flies nice with the 450s, but only get about 3 minutes or a little more in flight times... agreed that the bigger batteries are a little better fit for the size airframe, motor and prop.
cdee
Aug 07, 2014, 08:03 AM
lol that is impressive to say the least
Aug 07, 2014, 05:20 PM
Team Twisted!
I'm having a great time flying the new Crack Yak. I love the roll rates and the easy hovering. I had a super time flying this plane at Youth Masters at Triple Tree! It is is such a beautiful place to fly at. Thanks to RCflyer729 for editing the video. I look forward to going to E-Week at Triple Tree in late September.
Benton

Twisted Hobbys 39" Crack Yak Airplane at Triple Tree (3 min 19 sec)
Aug 07, 2014, 05:35 PM
I will never be a great flyer my hands are not precise. I hate the look of that wing thing on the canopy would I ever notice if I did not have it?
debating on putting the landing gear on I have no place I can take off from and my fields are too rough to land with gear.
Aug 07, 2014, 07:39 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benton3dflying
I'm having a great time flying the new Crack Yak.
Great to see your flying on this video Benton! Sorry I missed Youth Masters this year too. Keep up the good work! Great flying!
Aug 07, 2014, 07:56 PM
Beautiful flying Benton this airframe suits you well, a lot expression is shown.
Aug 07, 2014, 09:48 PM
Team Twisted!
Thread OP
+1 on the flying Benton... Color scheme of that model looks great as well.
cdee
Aug 08, 2014, 06:32 AM
Benton, so smooth and fluid.

Does this plane feel, in some ways, like the Laser?

Quick Reply