This thread is privately moderated by Justapoke, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 24, 2014, 02:48 PM
Thread OP
Gallery

Multiplex Easy Glider PRO - PART4

Final images.. ready for maiden!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2014, 08:47 PM
Wada ya mean, over engineered?
Nice scheme! Best wishes with the maiden, hope all goes as expected. I've been looking at the Solius for a future build and can only hope to build one as nice and clean as your Easy Glider PRO!

Robin
Jul 24, 2014, 09:19 PM
Justapoke,

Just went back and looked at part 1 - 3, beautiful craftsmanship and attention to detail! I like the fact multiplex put the fuselage servos completely inside on this model. Just wondered, does the Easy Glider PRO have any of the same motor mount issues that they've had on the FunCub or the Dog Fighter? I'm flying a kinda beatup Easy Star (3rd owner) but I've enjoyed modifying and flying it enough to want to build a nice clean Easy Star II with ailerons. Hopefully the Solius will follow that build.

Well Done!

Robin vanDorst
Jul 25, 2014, 09:42 AM
Thread OP
Hi Robin,

The Easy Glider pro does not have any problems with the motor mount as far as I know. It's also a complete other mount than they use in the FunCub, Acromaster, dogfighter etc.

Same with the Solius, I just checked and it seems to have the same mount as the Easy Glider Pro:

http://cdn2.parkflyer.ru/static/file...lex216se11.jpg

The Solius does look very good, and I have thougt about that as well. But I already have the large Robbe Arcus Sport and I wanted a nice medium size glider that I could get in my car with wings attached.

I had the AXN Clouds Fly and curently fly the Graupner Rookie sometimes, those are very like the Easy Star you have. But the Easy Glider with it's 40cm / 15" larger wingspan fly's so mutch better. And I sort of hate the noise that pushers make.
Jul 26, 2014, 01:14 AM
They can be annoying, I know of one flying site out here that the city specifically banned all pusher models due to the noise!

I'm currently rebuilding a full scale Schempp Hirth Discus at work (as well as maintaining two other gliders & the Pawnee tow plane). I'm leaning towards the Solius mainly because of resemblance to the Discus. I'm turning into a Multiplex junkie, I have two FunCub's, the Easy Star, and would also like to build the Solius & the Dogfighter. I have a few other projects to finish first though.
Last edited by cubcrafter60; Jul 26, 2014 at 02:08 AM.
Jul 26, 2014, 06:38 AM
Thread OP
Have just bought a Dogfighter kit myself. Waiting on all parts to arive, so I'll post a few pics of that build as well
Jul 26, 2014, 09:08 AM
My only reseveration on the Dogfighter is that I don't really have a place to land it that wouldn't damage it (gravel runway at the club field and asphalt or rough field at the private airport where I work). I do have a paint scheme in mind if I ever do build one though!

I look forward to seeing how your dogfighter progresses (I'm sure it will be a nice example to follow).

Robin
Jul 31, 2014, 11:30 PM

Completed Solius this evening.

Completed my Solius this evening. Using a DX8 transmitter with flaperons and spoilerons programed in. Didn't want to give up either (spoilers or flaps), but also wanted to use the T1000FC (autopilot w/ GPS return to home) so I only connected one side (spoiler) instead of using a Y. Hope to maiden this weekend. Took my last Solius from 1,800 ft to 3,200 ft on thermals a few weeks back. Using Spectrum telemetry altimeter. Lots crammed in that little fuselage, but all works great. Wanted a new airframe as the old one was showing its age. Love the Solius because it looks great (scale), love the t-tail and it flys well (and fast enough).

High Altitude Glide (3,202 ft) riding thermals! Beautiful Sunset! (30 min 5 sec)
Last edited by JFCalvano; Jul 31, 2014 at 11:36 PM.
Aug 02, 2014, 08:13 AM
Maiden flight last night. Needed to trim a lot of up elevator then it flew well. Tried the RTH and it really wanted to stall. Flew fine under stable only mode. Brought her back in and reset the level with significantly more nose down attitude then previously. Seems it was probably actually a bit nose high at first. Flew RTH much better, but did this one more time to gain more speed, especially in RTH. Need to adjust the gains on the T1000FC today as it seems to over react (sharp turns) compared to the EasyGlider Pro which does large graceful figure 8s at home point. The Solius attempts to 'turn on a dime" turns, this way, then that. Overall, very pleased with the results.
Aug 02, 2014, 11:27 AM
Thread OP
Nice bird JFCalvano, wish you many good flights!

Quick Reply