Aug 11, 2014, 11:35 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
I wonder why the video from WLtoys shows V931 performing wild 3D moves for 3:55 and still have enough energy to land; my V931 just fell from the sky after some light 3D flights for 3 minutes. Maybe I need to break in my batteries before unleashing their full potential (ah ha ah ha, pun intended).
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2014, 11:41 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
I wonder why the video from WLtoys shows V931 performing wild 3D moves for 3:55 and still have enough energy to land; my V931 just fell from the sky after some light 3D flights for 3 minutes. Maybe I need to break in my batteries before unleashing their full potential (ah ha ah ha, pun intended).
Idk, can we be really sure, that the flight in the BG video is actually just one flight?? Who says the did not use material from more than 1 flight to make this video???

EDIT:
ok, I watched the video (the download on your channel Fyre) once more - admittedly, it does NOT look like there might be a cut anywhere. But even then, who says this is bone stock with the stock battery?? At least flying with a bigger battery to begin with (BG should have access to dozens of different one!!! .) is really easily possible.
(or your battery is a dud - wouldnt be the first time a RTF heli comes with a crappy "stock" battery ... [even more likely if you received a vendors' sample])
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Aug 11, 2014 at 11:51 AM.
Aug 11, 2014, 12:26 PM
Well, at banggood it finally says BUY NOW.....just saw it 12:25 PM cst....
In the parts section they have the golden colored Tx labeled....V931, V930, V966, V977, V988....
Good afternoon, Banggood shoppers!
Last edited by ChespiIker; Aug 11, 2014 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Added info. Plus
Aug 11, 2014, 12:50 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
But the issue is the actual V977 TX is not binding to the V931....
Aug 11, 2014, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713
But the issue is the actual V977 TX is not binding to the V931....
I am severely tempted to get on of the CJ 977's just to try it myself (once they finally ship my 931 and the mandatory 3week wait after that is over (probably around labor day or so ...)
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Aug 11, 2014, 01:35 PM
Why would you want a V977 when your are about to get a V931? I believe by stripping the A350 fuselage, swapping the 3-rotor head with V977 head, and replacing the bigger tail rotor blade with a typical micro tail rotor blade, you'll have a V977. Unless you do lots of flips, rolls, and fancy 3D moves, otherwise V931 is a much more enjoyable helicopter to fly.
Aug 11, 2014, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
Why would you want a V977 when your are about to get a V931? I believe by stripping the A350 fuselage, swapping the 3-rotor head with V977 head, and replacing the bigger tail rotor blade with a typical micro tail rotor blade, you'll have a V977. Unless you do lots of flips, rolls, and fancy 3D moves, otherwise V931 is a much more enjoyable helicopter to fly.
seriously? just one word: curiosity!!!

(and to mess around with the tx-will-not-bind-syndrome of course ...)
Aug 11, 2014, 05:30 PM
BG may possibly NOT adjust their price on the V931 down to meet Tmart, as TMart just raised THEIR price on the V931 (to "higher than BG")

http://www.tmart.com/Wltoys-V931-6CH...e_p269861.html
Aug 11, 2014, 09:16 PM

Took some photos

As V931 is a scale helicopter, I thought it might look good with real aircrafts.

Aug 11, 2014, 09:50 PM
kiwi power!
Thread OP
@FyreSG, I envy you, you're having too much fun!
Aug 11, 2014, 09:59 PM
Haha, but flight school is pretty stressful... You're having fun too. Your hobby is your career, how cool is that?
Aug 14, 2014, 08:53 PM

Piros and Loops

I tested the piro compensation / optimization feature and it was great! However, at high rate, the motor bogged as I applied full collective and pulled back on the cyclic. That really messed up my loops.

WLtoys V931 Brushless AS350 Scale Helicopter - Piros & Loops (3 min 36 sec)

My V931 feels underpowered. It reminds me of my V977. I wonder how did the pilot do those 3D moves in the WLtoys video. Proper collective management really makes such a big difference?
Aug 14, 2014, 09:25 PM
Nice video Fyre! (wish I could fly like this already ... ..)

Today, after 15 days, my V931 was FINALLY put on "packing" status!
(When I ordered, it was stated "leaves our warehouse in 3-7 days" ... so much for THAT!!! - only good thing is, I could use a bunch of points ...)
NOW, it says on the site: SHIPS within 24h (while they dont even manage to FINISH packing mine in 24h (I would totally if it wasn't really anything but "tear inducing" ...)
Aug 16, 2014, 08:16 PM
old newbie ,, having a blast
Great video FrySG,, hahaha , gotta love the kite flyers,,,I think I made a good choice with pulling the trigger on the Blue-Fly 100bl ,, since I already own the V977 , I can't imagine the flight character to be much different.

The V977 is a great trainer for me and is helping alot with collective management , don't really need another ,, it does looks really cool flying,the V931,,, but I think I would be going backwards in my progression.

Again,, great video , thanks for sharing!
Aug 16, 2014, 09:26 PM
skippajack, you're welcome! Good analysis of V977 vs V931 vs HP100BL. Please join in the discussion over at the HP100BL thread.

Quick Reply