Axial SCX10 Deadbolt 4WD RTR

RTR rock crawler and all around basher.

Splash

The SCX10 chassis mated with the Deadbolt body.

Axial took the Deadbolt body from the AX10 and put it on the SCX10. This gives it a scale appearance and features a realistic driver, officially licensed Maxxis Trepador tires and officially licensed Walker Evans Racing wheels. For me it's a scale looking basher and rock crawler. On two cells it's not super fast but is pretty sticky on the rocks and fun to bash around with. This would be a great intro crawler and the price of $299.97 for an RTR crawler isn't too hard on the wallet.

It comes with a 27T Brushed motor, a 2 channel 2.4ghz transmitter, and it's ready to go right out of the box. The only thing you will need to add is a battery. I used a 2200mAH 2 cell lipo.

The Video

RCGroups - Axial SCX10 Deadbolt (3 min 56 sec)

Specs:

• Height - 9" (229mm)
  • Ground Clearance - 2.7" (68mm)
  • Weight - 4.65lbs (2.1kg)
  • Wheelbase - 12.3" (313mm)
  • Length - 21.25" (540mm)
  • Width - 9" (229mm)

Features:

On the trail:

Conclusion

If you are looking for out-of-the-box fun this is the truck. Everything on the truck looks great and since it's made by Axial you know it's going to hold up. My Wraith is running strong after lots of run time and this truck shares some of the Wraith's parts. It comes with everything you need short of a battery and battery charger. The TX worked fine and felt nice in my hand. I also liked the trim knobs. I do like some speed but this truck wasn't really made for that. It's a nice scale looking crawler and basher that a veteran would enjoy or someone new to the hobby would be proud to have as a first RC truck. One word - solid.

Check out the Deadbolt at Axial's site.

Purchase it at Tower.

Jul 24, 2014, 11:57 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
For completeness, this topic first introduced it, and contains another vid: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...light=deadbolt
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jul 27, 2014, 12:33 PM
Looks great. Where is the 1/5 size one.
Jul 30, 2014, 12:37 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Looks like it has potential to be a pretty sweet FPV crawler.
Jul 30, 2014, 12:43 PM
Admin Deluxe
That is my next step. I'm going to mount a Boscam cam with 5,8 tx on it.
Oct 29, 2015, 11:01 AM

Axial Deadbolt. With 3s

I went through 2 stock speed controls trying to use 3s , axial we sight says 3s compatible but I burnt up 2 speed controls trying this , hobbico replaced first 1
Oct 29, 2015, 11:17 AM
Admin Deluxe
I only use 2s.
Oct 29, 2015, 08:04 PM

RC Off road

Ok folks, I currently own a HK 1/10 Basher 888, and have had an absolute blast with it. so now I'm hooked. What I would like is some good recommendations, for off road vehicles that are made well, ie mostly metal frame, is capable of competition. And looks like a truck, jeep. Not futuristic.
1/8, 1/10 scale only..

Actually been looking Axial cars
Last edited by Old Man Zzzz; Oct 29, 2015 at 08:31 PM.
Oct 29, 2015, 09:07 PM
Bash the planet!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingraybernard
I went through 2 stock speed controls trying to use 3s , axial we sight says 3s compatible but I burnt up 2 speed controls trying this , hobbico replaced first 1
You really need an external BEC to run on 3s. The esc's internal BEC will fail.
Jun 03, 2017, 04:07 PM

These are still Awesome for the price..

And I just listed the modded one I built for my Wife on ebay..
She still wants a Bomber.
Last edited by Pageplayer; Jun 03, 2017 at 04:14 PM.

Quick Reply