This thread is privately moderated by SoloProFan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 20, 2014, 09:26 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Thread OP
Gallery

Pictures for Build Log - "Project RC10 (x2)"

Lately I have been rebuilding a couple of vintage 2WD buggies, after being almost exclusively involved into 4WD buggies. Also, I strayed from limiting my attention to vintage Kyosho only, as you can see from the Team Losi JRX2 Build Log (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2154519)

Now, when you say "vintage 2WD buggy" you automatically get to the RC10 sooner or later. With it having played an important role in RC history, as well as having a distinctive look with it's gold anodized metal tub chassis, this fame is well deserved. Looking at some nice re-release builds, the RC10 also captivated my attention, and I started looking for an affordable one, but still in good enough condition for a rebuild. I ended up with a fairly complete one, and another with some spares, hoping to be able to make at least one fully complete car from those, and hopefully also with the era-correct parts.

The latter goal is not so easy, as I've learnt that sometimes kits were assemble with whatever parts were at hand at Associated. We'll see how far I can get with this "RC puzzle".

For full story and build log, check this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2209651
Last edited by SoloProFan; Oct 26, 2014 at 08:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2014, 09:48 AM
I hate waiting for parts
That brings back a lot of memories... I had one of these when they were new, and that kind of gives away my age a little bit. I also very much remember kicking a lot of butt with this buggy at our local racing track. Guys would show up with the latest RC-10 buggies (the RC-10 Graphite, then the B2) and I would still whoop them pretty good with 'ol reliable. That gold chassis was tough as nails and just simply wouldn't break... it would bend, but you would bend it back into shape (more or less) and keep on truckin'. It proved that no matter how hot your brushed motor was or no matter how light/fancy your buggy was, if you didn't know how to drive, you didn't stand a chance against a gold pan RC-10.

Great pics and nice build - will be watching this one.
Aug 21, 2014, 04:42 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for following and glad you like what you've seen to far.

Personally I don't have a history with the RC10, but as a vintage RC car lover, I can't deny it's classy looks, and impact on RC car history. Stories like yours emphasize that, glad you shared this here.
Jul 28, 2015, 07:29 AM
Closed Account
Love the old Kyosho's, was my first RC around 20yrs ago, great pics amigo
Nov 07, 2019, 09:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPKTAS
Love the old Kyosho's, was my first RC around 20yrs ago, great pics amigo

I love these too, but the car on the pics in this thread is an Associated RC10.
Jan 01, 2020, 08:09 PM
I remember those gold pans, even had one for a short time. back when they were new I was racing a grasshopper with hornet "D" parts linkages, a home built center traction bar, and a mabuchi 540 black motor. I seldom placed against the 10's. I bought the first MRP Pro 110 that came through the door at the hobby store I was working for. then I could place a few times a month

I got a gold pan, but sold it since, I have a few early CF pans now, and I still have my modded out grasshopper and the pro 110.

enough of me rambling about that, those are nice looking 10's

Quick Reply