Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 15, 2019, 08:53 AM
When cows fly!
Nice to be able to hunker down in a blizzard and actually get some building done!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2019, 10:28 PM
When cows fly!

Blizzard is over!

Finished the top sheeting of the radiator inlet and worked on the final shaping.
Mar 16, 2019, 11:27 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Thread OP
Very Smart David .. whats that brown stuff you are using I thought foam was white

Lockey
Mar 17, 2019, 07:48 AM
When cows fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
Very Smart David .. whats that brown stuff you are using I thought foam was white

Lockey
Hahaha! You are right Tony My supply of 3mm depron is severely depleted and I am saving it for my next project. So I resorted to
using 1/16th balsa wood for the sheeting. I know that it is sacrilegious to use both foam and balsa together on a project here in the
Foamies(Scratchbuilt) forum Just waiting for the Thread Owner to boot me out

David
Mar 17, 2019, 09:53 AM
Thread OP
Boot you out mate ... NEVER keep up the great work

Lockey
Mar 17, 2019, 03:28 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Balsa is Nature's attempt at making foam and it integrates very well with the plastic stuff.
Nothing wrong with using balsa in a foamy as well as wire, ply, CF, GF etc.
Get it in there...
Mar 17, 2019, 07:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers
Balsa is Nature's attempt at making foam and it integrates very well with the plastic stuff.
Nothing wrong with using balsa in a foamy as well as wire, ply, CF, GF etc.
Get it in there...
Totally agree Graham, as you probably know, I am always pulling Davids leg about something .. but its all in good fun

Heck.. I'm even playing with hybrid version ... Foam and 3D printed plastic .. not sure how the plastic will hold up though

Lockey
Mar 17, 2019, 08:07 PM
Retired CAD guy
If it ain't Fun ... Stop doing it !

Balsa used to be the only fun around.

But NOW ! we have lots of choices ;>}
Mar 17, 2019, 10:41 PM
When cows fly!
I really enjoy using different materials in these planes. It really allows for more creativity!
Mar 18, 2019, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
Totally agree Graham, as you probably know, I am always pulling Davids leg about something .. but its all in good fun

Heck.. I'm even playing with hybrid version ... Foam and 3D printed plastic .. not sure how the plastic will hold up though

Lockey
Oh yes, I realise that you were having an affectionate dig there, as is only right and proper.
Mar 18, 2019, 06:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers
Oh yes, I realise that you were having an affectionate dig there, as is only right and proper.
Too true Whiskers, only right and proper us aussies have a dig at the yanks eh

Lockey
Mar 18, 2019, 02:46 PM
... at every one, basically. But all in fun.
Mar 18, 2019, 08:46 PM
When cows fly!
It would take A LOT more than a couple of snarky comments from you guys to offend me!:

David

Quick Reply