Aug 04, 2017, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazo
MICRODAN 2510-2700KV

is the above motor good for the 1 meter balsa shark?

Fred
yes it is
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2017, 03:35 PM
Just say no to quadcopters
Darn late to the party.
Just ordered the 1m Shark kit.
Also ordered the 2710-3100kv motor since the preferred? 2700kv motor is sold out. Hope the ZTW Mantis 85w esc is the proper match for the 3100kv motor? Can you confirm that Dave?
Can you help with the proper spinner and adapter for the motor/plane so that I can get them on their way, please.
Aug 17, 2017, 08:33 PM
Airspeed is my drug
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDave
Hello everyone..

It is with a heavy heart that I make this announcement..

Nanoplanes is closing it's doors. As some of you may have noticed I haven't done any production runs on all the kits for some time. I am clearing out all the planes, motors, servos, and Esc's. There are only a few Mega shark kits remaining and those are not on sale. Everything else is.. including the few Micro Dan motors I have remaining.

Please visit my the website for some deals. Most things around 30% -40% off! www.nanoplanes.net

I may leave the website up for a while since I have some free plans available.

Thank you everyone who has supported me over the years. It has always brought my wife Emily (who I ran this business with) and I much joy to see you all enjoy building and flying our Shark series of planes.

It has been a small niche market that I was in but it was a fun and rewarding experience.

Thanks again!

Thank you!
I have had many hours of fun with these.. from beaches to mountains, literally coast to coast a Shark has been carried with me to fly anywhere.
It has truly been a pleasure to do business with Dave and Emily, and the chance to build and test the 1m in development.
What an honor! MIKE.
Latest blog entry: Eight cell fun!
Aug 19, 2017, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx
Thank you!
I have had many hours of fun with these.. from beaches to mountains, literally coast to coast a Shark has been carried with me to fly anywhere.
It has truly been a pleasure to do business with Dave and Emily, and the chance to build and test the 1m in development.
What an honor! MIKE.
Mike

You have been one of our biggest fans and I want to thank you for always sharing your experience and knowledge with everyone. No one else brought out the Shark series of kits full range of capability better than you and thank you for helping develop the 1M Megashark. Couldn't have done it without you!

One of these days we gotta meet up somewhere and fly some Nanoplanes Sharks!

Thanks again!
David
Last edited by NanoDave; Aug 21, 2017 at 12:31 PM.
Aug 27, 2017, 08:17 PM
Man missed this, wanted a shark for a while, an was waiting for extra cash to jump on a setup.
Sep 21, 2017, 09:33 AM
There is a couple speed shark kits for sale in classifieds
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...es-Speed-Shark
Sep 24, 2017, 12:22 AM
I'm having a problem with my mega shark at full throttle I get an airframe flutter it only happens for a split second and I pull the throttle back it goes away it's only at a certain speed. I'm running a eflite 500 helicopter motor on 6s. I'm using a apc 7x9 prop I have Troyes 7x7 7x8 and either one of those props don't do it. It's only with the 7x9. Am I flying this plane out of the speed envelope?
Sep 25, 2017, 08:41 PM
Airspeed is my drug
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyer92
I'm having a problem with my mega shark at full throttle I get an airframe flutter it only happens for a split second and I pull the throttle back it goes away it's only at a certain speed. I'm running a eflite 500 helicopter motor on 6s. I'm using a apc 7x9 prop I have Troyes 7x7 7x8 and either one of those props don't do it. It's only with the 7x9. Am I flying this plane out of the speed envelope?
Depends on how well you glassed the ailerons, wing tips, and elevator, as needed.
My last one was rock solid at 170 mph.
Latest blog entry: Eight cell fun!
Sep 27, 2017, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx
Depends on how well you glassed the ailerons, wing tips, and elevator, as needed.
My last one was rock solid at 170 mph.

I used 2oz cloth on wing tips and ailerons I did not glass the elevator. I'm going to put some cloth the inside of fuse with wing meets up with fuse I feel some twisting there because I had to remove so much to fit the 6S
Apr 24, 2018, 01:20 AM

Free plans!

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that I have posted the plans for Free download on our website. http://www.nanoplanes.net/balsa_megashark.html

The files can be used to laser cut your own kit.

If you do, then you should know that the thickness of the Balsa should be 1/8 inches. Do not use 3mm as then it may not fill the slots completely and so the fit of some parts could be loose. Additionally, the frame could be a bit weaker and thinner, which might not build correctly if the sheets are too thin by using 3mm. Therefore always use 1/8" thick sheets.

When purchasing it from any vendor or online, you should ask specifically if it is 1/8 or 3mm and call to verify that you are purchasing actual 1/8 inch thick sheets. I've experienced some vendor selling me 3mm and calling that 1/8" before. The sheets used for the MegaShark should be 36" x 4" x 1/8"

I used to order the balsa I made the kits from here: http://www.balsawoodinc.com/

The plans for both the SpeedShark and Balsa BabyShark V2 will also be posted for free soon.

If anyone uses these I'd love to see a post on RCgroups if you make yourself a kit!

And by the way, I did post a clear disclaimer about these being used only for personal use and not commercial use.
Apr 24, 2018, 01:35 AM
Hi Dave, thank you very much!
Apr 24, 2018, 09:35 AM
Dave, congratulations on your career change, knock em dead!
Apr 26, 2018, 01:56 AM
You're Welcome sescot. If you build one please post some pictures. Good luck!

Hubcapsteve, thank you!
I'm trying... I made Realtor rookie of the year for 2017 at my office ... WooHoo!
May 25, 2018, 11:58 PM

Laser cutting service is available

I have some news..

I spoke to Dan, who used to cut my kits and he will be willing to cut kits privately for individuals looking for a short kit. (Balsa parts + Plywood Motor mount)
pricing is not determined yet, but expected to be more expensive for 1 or 2 kits versus doing more in one run.

The good thing about using him is he is experienced cutting these kits and he has templates he used previously to line up the sheets of wood perfectly on his machine for good alignment every time.

You must provide the Balsa and plywood sheets for him to cut. The sheets should be precut to size for each aircraft and by preselecting each sheet quality will result in better parts. I recommend ordering enough wood and having it delivered to you first, then you can inspect each piece and cut it to size before mailing them to Dan for cutting.
For All motor mounts it is recommended to use 1/8" 5-ply birch plywood.

He can cut all three kits since he still has the files on his computer.

Megashark = use 36" x 4" x 1/8"
Speedshark = use 24" x 4" x 1/8"
Balsa Babyshark V2 = use 18" x 4" x 1/8"

I used to order the balsa sheets from www.balsawoodinc.com He was very reasonable in price and was one of the few places that actually milled their own sheets and therefore was able to produce actual 1/8" sheets rather than the 3mm sheets that many other places try to pass off as 1/8" Do not use 3mm sheets!

or Contact me by email to david at nanoplanes dot net for more details

Quick Reply