Apr 06, 2015, 10:45 PM
We have ordered some different kv outrunners but apparently shipping has been an issue along with translation...but waiting patiently. ...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2015, 01:16 AM
NanoDave,

Here is the web site of the manufacturer:

www.megamotor.cz
click the English Flag in upper right
Click Products
Click: MEGA Brushless motors with rotating case (Outrunner)
400/15/X ( then scroll down)
Now you can see size/weight/mechanical drawing

Only 5 turn and higher number of turns are listed (lower KV).
At some point the web site will be updated with the fewer turn motors (higher KV) like the (3) turn.
***For now a different winding can be clicked on for order, and on the extra comment window it could be noted that a (3) turn version with reversed shaft is desired.

People can add to cart on far right of each motor description.
View cart by clicking on it on top of screen.
You can register in same area as the flags (upper right of screen)
Payments using Visa/MasterCard or PayPal.

Shipping to Europe is about 6 Euro (1 week shipping to UK)
7-8 Euro for USA (Usually 9-14 days for shipping to USA, but have seen it even quicker).

Builds are often done within 3 weeks.

Euro has taken a huge hit lately. In USA Cost of ordering from Europe has dropped 22% as compared to what I'm used to.....Thanks to strong Dollar and weak Euro now is a great time to order.

Large orders (143 Euro and up) can ask for 30 Euro flat rate Export papers instead of VAT tax. Tax savings add up further, the bigger the order gets.
For any further description/explanation/clarification send me an e-mail please.

There is a dealer on East coast who may have placed orders or is about to order some. I need to check with him.

If anyone with a Castle ESC is interested in that finished 2 turn on 3S and high AMPs let me know in an e-mail. It is sitting at the factory waiting to be tested but they are too busy for now.

Gryphon
Apr 07, 2015, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDave
Hello Gryphon

Thanks for updating with all this nice technical data. However you will have to forgive me as I really don't understand too much of what you mentioned. Hopefully those who do understand it can make good use of it. I can sort of grasp some of it but honestly I only have basic knowledge of mostly outrunners and not so much of innrunners nor about ohms and phases, and what that means in terms of kv and watts. I do understand the high pole count challenges with high KV somewhat too.
So I hope I don't look like a fool but where does one buy these? I try looking up Mega Motors on Google and mostly find it sold in Europe. So where are most people here in the US buying them from?
Again you will have to forgive me for my ignorance with these motors, I have known of these motors for years but personally just have never tried one before.
I have known that Mega Inrunner motors were used a lot in Pylon planes, but I couldn't find any high KV outrunners available..... until now? I guess you said before it is about 2300 KV with these that Billy and Steve are trying?

Thanks again for sharing...

-NanoDave-
Dave I have been a fan of Mega now for several years....these custom motors are the cats meow....from Bearings to Shafts....I've been sold ....thanks to Gryph for coaxin me into tryin one....a friend of mine has used them for 7 years....and has never that I know of....Burn't one...as far as even bendin a shaft....excellent grade of materials with Mega....Kinda like the Custom homes I use to build....you'll pay a lil more.....but.....You've got a product that will last...and will be happy with....

I'm gonna run 4 cell to start with...1800 mah 65c/130c thunderpower...and the 3 cell 500 for my BEC I added...I spun this up and wow...smoothe....

We've got Bad weather this week...high winds and storms...Probably be several days before I can Maiden....

All I can say is Dave....ya oughta try one....Bet..you'd never look back...

Mega is really good....

Billy
Apr 07, 2015, 09:20 AM
I'm very happy with mine (400-15-3), I've been using them in skyangel, funfighters, microjet, balsa sharks. Ect....
Apr 07, 2015, 09:44 AM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
I also have a Mega 16/25/2 F5D motor on order for my Reverb. Gryph has been a tremendous help in educating me about the various motor variables in order to help optimize motor performance vs cell count and prop size.
Been a big fan of Mega motors for my small pylon planes and EDF jets.
The MicroDan motors have been working great for me in the Nanoplanes. Love the warranty.
Apr 07, 2015, 10:02 AM
Shhhhh, your going to love that motor in the reverb. I've been really hammering it with 5s and it takes what you give it....

Sorry off topic. Back to the reg schedule show!
Apr 13, 2015, 09:17 PM
New life has arrived
Apr 13, 2015, 09:19 PM
New life for my 1m
Apr 15, 2015, 09:34 AM
Awesome!...

I knew you were gonna git to try yours before mine...

Billy
Apr 15, 2015, 02:58 PM
Just got #3 in the mail today....time for kv tests...then some static tests...I ran one up and yes it was a smooth runner.....
Apr 16, 2015, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcapsteve
Just got #3 in the mail today....time for kv tests...then some static tests...I ran one up and yes it was a smooth runner.....
You ain't a kiddin....smoothe.......Good luck..and have fun...

Billy
Apr 30, 2015, 03:55 PM
Yo Steve!!!...Just wunderin how the Mega is doin in the Mega....?...hehe..

Billy
May 01, 2015, 09:52 PM
microsondevelopment

Just got my kit a little while back and getting started

Hello everyone,

Just got my kit a little while back and getting started, Just wanted to post progress. Here is where I am after two days. I am now waiting on servos to show up early next week. that will give me time to solider up some connectors on the motor and ESC.
Last edited by microsondev; May 01, 2015 at 10:01 PM.
May 02, 2015, 10:44 AM
Wow!!..That is some Great Progress for just a couple days...I sit and look at mine for that long wunderin ......

Keep up the pics.....Sweet!!....

Billy
Sep 02, 2015, 03:14 PM
Dead thread? Ok, I just found out about this model yesterday! I always wanted a Speed Shark, but was concerned about visibility/crash risk vs build time. I also have terrible trim and covering skills. So, having only built a couple of small Guillows (static) and a couple of depron baby sharks, would I be in over my abilities to even try to construct a Mega Shark? I'm concerned about the wing tips, proper sanding of the wings, and covering