Giles 202 Balsa profile - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by spastic, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 17, 2014, 04:10 PM
ProBro Spaz
Discussion

Giles 202 Balsa profile

this is a work in progress, right now it's a 4cell 2200mAh rock ship with a G15 (3715) 1000kv motor 12x6E (or on 3cells 2800mAh 13x8E) and mini servos like hs-85 size, right now i'm using TGY-390V HV servos

im making some changes;
1) lighter and use smaller servos (like 12g HS-65mg or similar) it really doenst need to be a 4cell setup, on 3cells (2200-2800mAh) it will be really good if made lighter

2) slightly less taper and slightly less aileron, right now its just slightly harry to fly it doesn't tip stall or snap without you wanting it to, but you really have to be a good 3D pilot to keep on top of it.. great pilots might like it the way it is but i think most will want it more tame.

3) a hair shorter in the fuse, i think shorter and less taper will make flat spins better, right now it wont do a flat spin

4) servos in the tail and battery will just get strapped to the fuse like the 35" sabre and cap on valuehobby.com (also my designs ) this way the battery can balance for KE better and setup will be easier and people don't like pushrod guides

it will get one of the schemes like on the previous blog post

it is wild to fly, it will tumble like a full-fuse plane even doing pop tops fairly well (most profiles can't do them) KE spins are really nice and tight, KE has some coupling which drives me crazy (roll out), i think its only because the battery is slightly below the center line.

anyway here are the pics, i cut everything myself with a #11 or bandsaw so the spar system which will be laser cut as an ARF was a bear to do. Honestly i didn't get any pics of the fuse under construction so i posted a screen shot of the drawing, its a 1/2" balsa core with 1/16" balsa skins (like cap strips mostly, minimal sheeting) the wing has central and LE sheeting of 1/32" .. the fuse has a lite ply beam in the center which goes just over the wing and there are 3x1mm carbon caps glued to it making an spar like beam in the fuse, very stiff.
thanks
spaz
Last edited by spastic; Aug 21, 2014 at 01:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply