Jul 16, 2014, 06:41 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Redwing 76" Extra 330 Build/Mod Hacker

Well I did it!. I saw a super sale from Redwing RC and could not pass it up. With all the good info I have been hearing about this plane it was time to take action. Well actually I bought the Slick also but that's going to be another thread...
So I purchased the Redwing Power system also which is the Hacker A-60 6XS V2 with the Hacker Opto 110 ESC, a 5000 mah 6S pack and Prop.
It will use XQ 4116 on the Rudder and Ailerons but use Spektrum A5060 minis for the elevator halves. These are 118 oz at 7.2 volts so should be fine for this e-plane.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2014, 06:53 PM
Thread OP
I am not going through the whole build here. Everyone has seen enough hinges and control horns glued to last a lifetime!
The main plan is to build a "no weight added" plane. Every large gas conversions seem to need nose lead because the motorbox is built for a gas engine. So the batteries cant me mounted easily right behind the engine. This build will extend the motor box about three inches so the hacker can bolt right to the new firewall.
Jul 16, 2014, 06:57 PM
Thread OP
A quick mock-up verified the battery pack needs to be all the way up to the motor. No Problem!
Jul 16, 2014, 11:31 PM
Thread OP
cad files getting close
Jul 17, 2014, 02:25 AM
Man this should be a power house with the Redwing power system.
Jul 17, 2014, 07:56 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb48
Man this should be a power house with the Redwing power system.
what is that, 1900W on 6S? Should be plenty. I was going to use a 2665W motor for mine
Jul 17, 2014, 09:13 AM
Looking good can't can't wait to see this baby on e power it's a rocket on a dle 30
Jul 18, 2014, 06:04 PM
Thread OP
Yes 1900 w is correct. 2665 should be a madman... I am laser cutting the components in the morning and will get a little video. Hopefully have the kit installed Sunday night.
Jul 18, 2014, 09:58 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchadwick63
Yes 1900 w is correct. 2665 should be a madman... I am laser cutting the components in the morning and will get a little video. Hopefully have the kit installed Sunday night.
great! Let me know when you're done with the 2nd kit. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Jul 22, 2014, 12:53 PM
Fly Guy
Hey Mark - nice job. Can our cusotmers get a hold of this? Can you sell some ot us to supply to customers?

How easy would it be for the average builder? and is there a way to leave the cowl in tact (push and secure the batteries up front without cutting the top of the cowl)?
thanks!

Quick Reply