Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by peterswolf, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 16, 2014, 03:37 PM
Build Log

ParkZone F4F Wildcat BNF (38.4")

Flight Pack: Admiral 3S 1300mah 25C
Last edited by peterswolf; Jul 30, 2014 at 11:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2014, 03:39 PM
Picked this one up used here on RCGroups. Assembly was far too easy, tape the tail feathers on, and two screws for the main wings. Ready to go! Looking to maiden this one on Friday morning. I don't normally do hand launch planes, so it should be fun
Latest blog entry: Pilot for the UMX PT-17
Jul 18, 2014, 09:49 AM

Maiden Flight

Did my maiden flight this morning for this one. Using Admiral 3S 1300 in the stock location, she flew fantastic!! I normally don't fly hand launch, so it was nice to find an easy launch it rolled a bit to the left and then up made I easy to control on launch. She flies amazing, I was quite surprised, very agile and very scale flying characteristics. Landing is a breeze, I come in with some altitude and then cut the throttle, glide her down and full back pressure as I skim across the grass until she plops herself down. Great flying plane, I took her up for a second flight, and much the same as maiden, fun to fly! The wind was increasing steadily and she handled it without issue!
Latest blog entry: Pilot for the UMX PT-17
Nov 18, 2014, 12:46 PM
nom
nom
This is easily one of my favorite birds from PZ. Good to hear that you had a great time!
Feb 02, 2015, 06:57 PM

Wildcat

This is a fantastic flyer. It was one of HH's most popular planes, but they retired the design. It is a super tight flyer and very easy to land. I have lots or planes, but always still fly this one. Mine has numerous flights without a scratch on her.