Jul 11, 2014, 08:26 AM
Do the folks that preorder get theirs first?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2014, 09:58 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Video is up:

Sport Cub S RTF and BNF with SAFE™ Technology by HobbyZone (2 min 38 sec)
Last edited by Dave Eichstedt; Jul 11, 2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: link to video changed
Jul 11, 2014, 09:58 AM
The new Sport Cub has a top secret motor, owners manual and video.
It seems ( I hope 57g is a typo) to have the same over-weight as the new and quickly discontinued powered glider from Air Hogs that used two very heavy AAA battery cells for power. But the Sport Cub uses a lightweight and low power 150mAh slash 25C lithium cell. Maybe it has a heavy nose weight.

My old Parkzone J3 Cub and new UMX Radian are relaxing to fly (yawn and ho hum). They fly by themselves and you simply need to notice when the wind wants to blow them away.

EDIT: I like the new video.
Jul 11, 2014, 11:55 AM
I'd rather be flying!
Looks great, Dave! With the same wing area as the CC, but only 2/3rds the weight, I figured this would be great for nice, relaxing flying in small spots. Looks like there's plenty of power on tap for Cub-style aerobatics, too. Did you use a more powerful motor than the one in the UM warbirds?

Finally, a nice scale-looking 4-channel micro that can carry a beginner from his or her first flight through the intermediate level - without the pucker-factor of starting out with a plane that's intended for more experienced pilots who have already mastered 4-channel flight. Given the large number of questions that newcomers to the hobby post in the UMX Carbon Cub SS threads regarding the CC's suitability as a first plane, this ought to be a big hit!

Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
Jul 11, 2014, 12:05 PM
Horizon Hobby stop it.

Each time I think it is safe to take my credit card out of hiding you release another plane I will buy.
I wonder if I can setup my pay to just go right to your company and each month you send me a new plane

This will make a great buddy for my Champ and UMX Radian.

Barry
Jul 11, 2014, 01:11 PM
Looks like I can retire the 210. We just have to see how the people that get them first feel about them.
Jul 11, 2014, 04:26 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
I hope that bl conversion kit works in this
Jul 11, 2014, 06:08 PM
Gonna have to preorder tonight! Do you think it will have floats?
Jul 11, 2014, 07:43 PM
release date?
Jul 11, 2014, 07:45 PM
I'd rather be flying!
RE,

The nCPX inrunner requires a bit of jury-rigging & shimming to make it fit the gb in the UM planes. Also, I thought it needed a different pinion for proper gear mesh - but I could be mistaken on that. The big question: Does it provide a worthwhile power increase over a healthy Bravo SX motor w/5043 prop & a Hyp 240 cell?

If they came out with a 1s bl upgrade that was designed for use in the UM planes, I'd be very interested. Maybe they will, if the nCPX upgrade kit turns out to be a big hit.

Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
Jul 11, 2014, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx
release date?
Would be nice.
Jul 11, 2014, 09:16 PM
It looks great! ...but how can the pilot solo from the front seat? I just think that makes it look a bit strange.

Still I would love one.

Rick
Jul 11, 2014, 09:47 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Joel

I wish they would make an efficient 1S bl set up as well for um planes.

Power increase is one thing but motor longevity and efficiency is what I want.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headshot001
Do the folks that preorder get theirs first?
I wonder
Jul 11, 2014, 11:06 PM

The Hobbyzone Sport Cub S RTF with SAFE™ Technology Owner's Thread

I'm going to buy two and teach the nephews to fly RC. Wonder if you could connect the tx via trainer cable to dx6i
(That's my story and I'm sticking to it)
Last edited by Kryton; Aug 09, 2014 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply