Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 29, 2014, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly
Like this Leo?

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Very nice, thanks Matt.

Now, how about adding the E-flite Carbon-Z Cub to the family picture?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2014, 05:31 PM
Originally joined: May 2012
This little craft maybe worth getting... something that doesn't require a Large flying area.

My main concern would be TX range... I had the Champ a couple years ago and that little sucker was out of range in a heartbeat... ended up nose down.

If it's a bit more than 200 foot it would be okay. Or.. could just invest in a DX4e.
Aug 14, 2014, 07:34 PM
Get a better Tx. The Rx has good range but not the Tx. With a 200mWatt Tx I have had mine nearly speced out with no control issues. I sold the RTF Tx for $5.00 before using it.
Aug 14, 2014, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allelectrik
Get a better Tx. The Rx has good range but not the Tx. With a 200mWatt Tx I have had mine nearly speced out with no control issues. I sold the RTF Tx for $5.00 before using it.
You have the new Sport Cub already?!
Aug 15, 2014, 12:14 AM
Nope, pre-ordered. My post was about Tx in RTF such as Champ.
Aug 15, 2014, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allelectrik
Nope, pre-ordered. My post was about Tx in RTF such as Champ.
Ah... got it. Thanks.

Any estimate on arrival of your new bird?
Aug 15, 2014, 10:24 AM

Email reply from HH...

I wrote an email to Horizon Hobby last night asking about TX range and ETA on this product...

Received this reply this morning:

"Thanks for contacting Horizon Hobby! The transmitter range is within your line of sight. The estimated arrival date for the Sport Cub S RTF is late September. This date can change, but is the best information we have available at this time..."

FYI for the Thread members here...

. . . Lennie
Aug 15, 2014, 10:48 AM
quietguy

Read #41

John
Aug 15, 2014, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkielsen
quietguy

Read #41

John

I've read the whole thread.

My two questions were either answered inadequately or not at all. Hence my email to HH. "Horses mouth" so to speak.
Aug 17, 2014, 10:40 AM
The one thing I do not like are the hooped wire control lines... rather have the standard connectors to control surfaces. Rather inaccurate method of adjusting trueness of the control surfaces, pinching and stretching those dang things.
Aug 18, 2014, 09:26 AM
"Hooped" control rods are a perfect adjustment mechanism for UMX planes. Simple, lightweight, infinitely adjustable, almost exempt from Murphy's law, no obvious failure points. Latch onto two hemostats (or even fine needle nose pliers- these should be in your tool box anyway) and adjust to your heart's content.
Aug 18, 2014, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist_603
"Hooped" control rods are a perfect adjustment mechanism for UMX planes. Simple, lightweight, infinitely adjustable, almost exempt from Murphy's law, no obvious failure points. Latch onto two hemostats (or even fine needle nose pliers- these should be in your tool box anyway) and adjust to your heart's content.
I disagree.

Cannot achieve the alignment precision you can with the clip connectors.

Manufacturers cut costs by using that dang thin piano wire.

No matter, that will be the first thing I change.
Aug 23, 2014, 09:41 AM
what would be the fastest way to get one when available, pre order through horizon, or in stock at a LHS?
Aug 23, 2014, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Buddy
what would be the fastest way to get one when available, pre order through horizon, or in stock at a LHS?
Could be either... it's a crap shoot
Aug 25, 2014, 12:51 PM
S300|180QX|350QX|SportCub S
Hello all

Would it be possible to 'lift' about ~50-60 grams of 'equipment' (40gr Mobius + 15gr FPV Cam&Rx) with this little plane?
Sounds realistic or I should better start looking at a Delta Ray?
This would be my first plane, I flew only heli&quads until now.

Thanks!