HobbyZone Sport Cub S RC Plane, RTF-BNF - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jul 11, 2014, 02:09 PM
Kent, WA
Just contacted HH and was told the release date is the end of September.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2014, 05:24 PM
Andres Lu
So what motor is in it? It doesn't specify on the HH site......just wondering.

-Andres
Jul 11, 2014, 08:56 PM
RC Aviation Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodnNuff
Just contacted HH and was told the release date is the end of September.
I'm counting the days! (81 if you want to know) But, with Horizon's track record, the release date could change abruptly...
Jul 11, 2014, 11:33 PM
Power Glide
Pre-ordered mine...nice companion to my PZ Sport Cub and one of my all time favorites the Champ.

Edit...after thinking about it I canceled my order....decided I didn't need another small plane and really don't want or need the Safe System. Now if it only came with AS3X (no Safe) I would have kept the order.
Last edited by PRNDL; Jul 17, 2014 at 08:19 PM.
Jul 12, 2014, 02:19 PM
Sea2Sky2See
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Video is done, we're waiting for the web guy to get it posted.

It's made for the CC floats. I'm surprised that's not shown in any of the photos. We'll get that fixed.

See attached photo: do you see the little white plastic piece there behind the charger? This is the rear float attach point. We've left it off the airplane for weight reasons but included it in the box. If you want to use the floats just glue it in place.
Dave -- Thanks for that post regarding the UMX Carbon Cub float set -- this strikes me as a really interesting first float plane -- 4 channel to help keep the wings level and the nose into the wind during LOW, plus SAFE as a learning aid, also not putting too much $ at risk @micro price levels. So from my perspective, it seems I not only get a 4 channel trainer, but a float plane trainer as well...

As an enthusiastic novice, I certainly appreciate your putting this aircraft out and do not find it the least bit redundant -- the UMX Carbon Cub is just a notch beyond where I'd want to go next after my 3 channel trainers (Duet, Delta Ray), and it also doesn't make sense for me to go with the Super Cub S 3 channel just for the floats (plus it might be a bit big for the pond, same goes for the Apprentice) -- the HZ Sport Cub S is spot on as a micro with the combination of 4 channels + floats + SAFE -- great product!
Last edited by Dparture; Jul 12, 2014 at 03:39 PM.
Jul 12, 2014, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Video is done, we're waiting for the web guy to get it posted.

It's made for the CC floats. I'm surprised that's not shown in any of the photos. We'll get that fixed.

See attached photo: do you see the little white plastic piece there behind the charger? This is the rear float attach point. We've left it off the airplane for weight reasons but included it in the box. If you want to use the floats just glue it in place.
Thanks Dave! I've been trying to figure out if the CC floats would work. Awesome!
Jul 13, 2014, 07:41 AM
RC Aviation Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dparture
Dave -- Thanks for that post regarding the UMX Carbon Cub float set -- this strikes me as a really interesting first float plane -- 4 channel to help keep the wings level and the nose into the wind during LOW, plus SAFE as a learning aid, also not putting too much $ at risk @micro price levels. So from my perspective, it seems I not only get a 4 channel trainer, but a float plane trainer as well...

As an enthusiastic novice, I certainly appreciate your putting this aircraft out and do not find it the least bit redundant -- the UMX Carbon Cub is just a notch beyond where I'd want to go next after my 3 channel trainers (Duet, Delta Ray), and it also doesn't make sense for me to go with the Super Cub S 3 channel just for the floats (plus it might be a bit big for the pond, same goes for the Apprentice) -- the HZ Sport Cub S is spot on as a micro with the combination of 4 channels + floats + SAFE -- great product!
Did you read my mind? My thoughts, exactly!
Jul 13, 2014, 07:56 AM
Since it can carry a camera and floats then I betcha the new 1S Sport Cub uses the longer and more powerful 8.5mm motor used in the UMX Radian.
Jul 14, 2014, 09:04 AM
Sea2Sky2See
Just pre-ordered from HH -- FYI, word I got was middle of August availability...

Note re the RTF Tx -- Got the Sport Cub S RTF version, as I expect my wife might find the MLP6DSM to be a friendly radio ("high fun-to-knobs ratio"), yet according to HH chat discussion, I can still use my DX6i or DX4e... plus if/as we add other DSM park flyers, apparently the MLP6DSM will bind to those as well...

Other nice thing here is the use of 1s 150mAh LiPo's -- inexpensive -- and I can re-use the ones from the Duet and make use of the USB chargers I have...
... but the CC float set compatibility was the clincher for me.
Jul 14, 2014, 10:20 AM
It looks like another HH winner to me.
I initially thought like others here...nahh another cub, but it certainly slots in between the Champ and Carbon Cub with nice features for a beginner such 4ch and SAFE. The FPV option would be a blast!
Last edited by Hawk600; Jul 14, 2014 at 10:50 AM.
Jul 14, 2014, 01:27 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dparture
Just pre-ordered from HH -- FYI, word I got was middle of August availability...

Note re the RTF Tx -- Got the Sport Cub S RTF version, as I expect my wife might find the MLP6DSM to be a friendly radio ("high fun-to-knobs ratio"), yet according to HH chat discussion, I can still use my DX6i or DX4e... plus if/as we add other DSM park flyers, apparently the MLP6DSM will bind to those as well...

Other nice thing here is the use of 1s 150mAh LiPo's -- inexpensive -- and I can re-use the ones from the Duet and make use of the USB chargers I have...
... but the CC float set compatibility was the clincher for me.
Please don't use the MLP6DSM transmitter on any park flyers. "MLP" stands for "Micro, Low Power," and you won't have the range you need to fly safely. And by park flyers, I mean anything not ultra-micro, such as the new ParkZone Sport Cub (red & white one), or the P-51D we just announced.
Jul 14, 2014, 05:16 PM
Please Dave, tell us about motor/gearbox in this Sports Cub.

John
Jul 16, 2014, 06:07 AM
Sea2Sky2See
Quote:
Please don't use the MLP6DSM transmitter on any park flyers. "MLP" stands for "Micro, Low Power," and you won't have the range you need to fly safely. And by park flyers, I mean anything not ultra-micro, such as the new ParkZone Sport Cub (red & white one), or the P-51D we just announced.
Roger that... will likely change to go with DX6i for me and DX4e for spouse instead...
Jul 16, 2014, 01:41 PM
DFS#000178
Don't get the DX6i. Get the new DX6.

It's a bit more expensive but it's so much more capable.

God I'm having a hard time not ordering one. I have my DX7 and it's still trucking along great...I'm kind of wishing it'd have an "accident" so I could justify the new DX6!
Jul 16, 2014, 05:33 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Don't get the DX6i. Get the new DX6.

It's a bit more expensive but it's so much more capable.

God I'm having a hard time not ordering one. I have my DX7 and it's still trucking along great...I'm kind of wishing it'd have an "accident" so I could justify the new DX6!
Do you have a float plane? If so, go to the lake, attempt a hand launch toward the lake, then "accidentally" throw your transmitter instead. Viola!