Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 10, 2014, 04:49 AM
New Product

HobbyZone Sport Cub S RC Plane, RTF-BNF

another cool learners plane

looks like they have every size covered in the cubs now

cheers chuck

Overview
A great way to learn how to fly, the HobbyZone Sport Cub S comes ready-to-fly with SAFE Technology and 4-channel control.
Features
Everything you need to fly included in the box
Equipped with SAFE Technology
Panic Recovery mode stabilises the plane with the pull of a trigger
4-channel control covering throttle, rudder, elevator and aileron
Easy ground control with steerable tail wheel
Powerful electric motor gives you great speed and climb
Accurate replica of the Cub Crafters Sport Cub
Designed by champion pilot, Mike McConville
LiPo battery gives you long flight times on a single charge
USB port DC charger
Compact Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX transmitter included
Learn to fly with style, thanks to the Sport Cub S RC plane from HobbyZone. This compact model is inspired by the full-scale Cub Crafters Sport Cub and comes out of the box ready-to-fly. The Sport Cub S is equipped with SAFE Technology, allowing you to master the basics of flying with ease. With multiple flight modes, you will be able to refine your skills as you get more practice. Rest assured, there is always a Panic Recovery mode available at the pull of a trigger, allowing you to instantly return to steady flight. This remote control plane comes with four channel control, covering throttle, rudder, elevator and ailerons. Complete with 2.4GHz DSMX technology built in, the HobbyZone Sport Cub S is a fantastic trainer plane. Order yours now.
What you Need
Nothing! Everything you need to get flying is included in the box.

Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Nov 14, 2014 at 05:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2014, 05:58 AM
Should be a nice entry level plane. I wish they would have made it with oversized bush wheels like the larger PZ Sport Cub has.

How about a side by side comparison of this smaller HZ SportCub and the larger PZ Sport Cub?
Jul 10, 2014, 06:26 AM
I just noticed that the RTF version, for $129.99, comes with a 6 channel radio, but there is no indication of which transmitter and receiver are being used. It comes with SAFE, but I can't imagine that it would have an AR636. Any idea of what radio gear it has?
Jul 10, 2014, 07:10 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
MLP6DSM, same one included with the 180QX
Jul 10, 2014, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo L
Should be a nice entry level plane. I wish they would have made it with oversized bush wheels like the larger PZ Sport Cub has.

How about a side by side comparison of this smaller HZ SportCub and the larger PZ Sport Cub?
Like this Leo?

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Jul 10, 2014, 09:20 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Matt,
I have only 1 question, When?
Gary
Jul 10, 2014, 09:20 AM
DFS#000178
It has SAFE, does it have AS3X? Up until now the two have always come together, but I don't see it listed here.

As for the plane itself, I really want to like it. But it's another Cub. The UMX Carbon Cub is exactly the same size, has flaps, has the option for floats and is brushless.

I really don't see what the need for another 24" Cub was. I wish them the best and at that price I might have to get one, but I'm going to have to see reviews first. No preorder on this one. Especially since the Mini Super Cub was less than stellar.

I'd honestly rather just get the UMX Carbon Cub and have more options.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:13 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn
Matt,
I have only 1 question, When?
Gary
What he said

Jul 10, 2014, 11:30 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
The Sport Cub S is special the same way the Champ is special. It. Flies. Awesome.

Comparing to the UMX Carbon Cub, they are two completely different flying experiences. The key difference is wing loading, and of course SAFE and the AS3X tuning play a big part. But mostly wing loading. The Sport Cub S is just sooooo relaxing and easy for anybody to fly, whereas the Carbon Cub requires more of a pilot's touch.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:33 AM
DFS#000178
Can we get a flight video? If it's a nice relaxing floater, I'm sold.

You guys should really adapt the UMX Carbon Cub's floats for this one too since they're the same size.
Jul 10, 2014, 12:13 PM
Bye, Bye Champ?
Jul 10, 2014, 12:15 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Ed
Bye, Bye Champ?
The Champ remains.
Jul 10, 2014, 12:21 PM
Stitching 'em back together!
I saw on the HobbyZone site that it is FPV compatible with the following quote. "The Sport Cub S is built to facilitate the FPV flying experience. Using the compatible SPMVA and SPMVS1100 FPV Systems (sold separately), you can put yourself in the pilot seat and experience a whole new way to fly."

Could you tell us more about this? The SPMVA and SPMVS1100 do not come up on any searches.

Thanks
Jul 10, 2014, 12:32 PM
Brushed motor?
Jul 10, 2014, 12:35 PM
DFS#000178
Nothing wrong with a brushed motor on a plane this size at this price point, in my opinion.

Ack, I just noticed. It doesn't have struts!

That'll be a must-do mod.