Oct 26, 2014, 06:33 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate flight
Loving this bird and its tendencies are not bad it has great handling in the air
I agree!

Not only does it have great flight manners but, on the ground it just does not want to NOSE OVER! It is very well balanced and E-Flite (Horizon Hobby) team did a fantastic job on this model.

Gerry completed two flights today with the Admiral 3-cell, 2200mAH, 35C discharge and watch it zoom with zest appeal!

(4 min 52 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2014, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge767
Nice changes! I'm waiting on graphics to convert my bird to another scheme. Your plane looks great!

Thanks. Definitely out of the norm. Took her to the field today and got five flights on it and flew along with several others that have this bird. Took a little down elevator with the Nanotech 2.2 battery. Once trimmed, it was fairly uneventful. First flight, the elevator felt sluggish so I moved the control linkage to the top hole which did the trick. Now it just needs more power. It flew scale but I feel it needs a bit more here in Colorado. I was at almost full throttle the entire flight as with others. Others like theirs this way but several here agree on going with a larger power plant.

Looked amazing in flight and had a low, full flap pass with another gents that was absolutely stunning. Would've loved to had a picture as a screen saver. Maybe next time...

Going to read the rest of this forum to see what you gents are doing for power upgrades.
Last edited by demire; Oct 26, 2014 at 07:06 PM.
Oct 26, 2014, 07:23 PM
To windy to fly yet I got pics of it with the mini
Oct 26, 2014, 07:29 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
To windy to fly yet I got pics of it with the mini
Nice models.

I hope you get a break in the weather conditions so, you can enjoy this "Dallas Doll"
Oct 26, 2014, 07:35 PM
Ya me too I'm super eager
I'd rather wait than smash my plane into the dirt though
And also has anyone done a two blade prop change and if so is it better or worse?
Oct 26, 2014, 07:39 PM
Right Rudder

Gerry is buying a 2nd Mustang!

Guys,

My buddy Gerry announced today that he will be purchasing another E-Flite "Dallas Doll" and will be using it to Bash it into the Rockwell International "Ole Yeller" as Gerry is a BIG fan of Bob Hoover.

And most importantly, Mustangs should keep the USA colors!

Stay Tuned!

Oct 26, 2014, 07:44 PM
Wow. That is the meaning of a beautiful plane and I am super stoked to see what he does and has to show us
Oct 26, 2014, 07:52 PM
They call me Lipo...
Not so fast Carlos...

Unless of course they were captured....which many were, it seems....

But don't worry my friend.....I'm looking forward to Gerry's rendition of Bob Hoover's famous 'Stang, "Ole Yeller"
Oct 26, 2014, 08:01 PM
Right Rudder
John,

No worries......just that I don't own "or" Fly any Axis Power Planes and most especially one of ours (Made in the USA or Britain) all marked up as one and come to the RC Club with all those Vets of past wars.

One day, I came with a Japanese ZERO and one gentleman came by and whispered in my ear....

NO SELF RESPECTING MARINE WILL FLY THAT!

Not saying anyone particular is doing anything wrong here, just that I would not dare find myself with any depicted in your above picture.
Oct 26, 2014, 08:15 PM
Has anyone put skis or floats on their P-51
I'd like to see how it looks
Oct 26, 2014, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
Guys,

Mustangs should keep the USA colors!
Really... I personally don't prefer allied aircraft as there are so many at every airfield I go to so in order for me to get one, It had to be different... EXTREMELY. But this flies so well, I put aside it was a mustang having nothing but Axis birds and made her more beautiful and unique.. she's fun and the guys had fun chasing it today. I'll upgrade her and the game will change.

I'm quite fond of these as well. My next choices.
Last edited by demire; Oct 26, 2014 at 08:26 PM.
Oct 26, 2014, 08:21 PM
Would this be considered an Allied plane? Definitely out of the box.
Oct 26, 2014, 08:23 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Has anyone put skis or floats on their P-51
I'd like to see how it looks
Now that would be interesting!

Oct 26, 2014, 08:25 PM
I'm drawing up plans now I'll post a pic of it in a sec
Oct 26, 2014, 08:33 PM
Anyone attempting converting to the "B" variant?

Quick Reply