Jul 07, 2014, 04:47 PM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
Thread OP
Help!

KK2.1 board keeps losing it's settings between flights!

Help,
We have a new KK2.1 control board that has lost its setting three times in its first week of operation. It's as though someone reset the board to default settings. It doesn't do it while in operation but rather after unplugging the battery and installing a new battery. No rhyme or reason. We flew about a dozen flights yesterday with no problem. Brought it out to the field today and plugged it up and boom, back to factory settings, again...
We bought the board from Buddy's R/C but are unable to contact them currently. Any ideas???
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2014, 04:55 PM
I'm on my fourth BuddyRc KK 2.1 and haven't had that happen.One thing I noticed though is the board is loose in the case,its a must do to secure with two sided tape to keep it from moving otherwise you get a very hard to tune quad.It shouldn't be able to change on its own,unless one of the buttons is getting stuck( unnoticed)?
Jul 08, 2014, 02:14 PM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
Thread OP
Anyone else have any ideas???
I could sure use some advice!
Jul 08, 2014, 05:22 PM
the ATmega chips can sometimes corrupt the eeprom (where settings are stored) if power is lost when it's accessing the eeprom.
when you connect the power up, it can often spark and cause these power glitches
this would be a random effect
I always put a wait in my code to avoid this potential issue

if it always looses settings, then it's a problem with the eeprom itself
Jul 08, 2014, 06:10 PM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
Thread OP
Thank you Mike!
Any other ideas?
Jul 09, 2014, 03:27 AM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
Thread OP
Anyone else have ideas?
Last edited by harrymc; Jul 09, 2014 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply