Post your Vector wiring diagrams here! - Page 4 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 29, 2017, 06:26 AM
Hi, on my single motor fixed wing, if I connect my ESC's (which has an in built 5A BEC) throttle signal + 5V + Ground to the Throttle output of the Vector..

Does this mean my Vector +5V output rail is now safely powered to connect all my servos directly to the Vector (signals + 5Vs + Grounds)? Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2017, 11:12 AM
Yes, that is correct.

Regards, John
Sep 04, 2017, 02:19 PM
Hey Guys:

Can you tell me or better yet, post a diagram showing the cable connecting the RMRC Cricket Pro to the Vector ?

I previously was using IRC 600 mw VTX and have switched to the Cricket Pro.

Thanks

Cary
Last edited by Cary Pond; Sep 04, 2017 at 04:18 PM.
Sep 10, 2017, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotsSummer
Walkthrough of the wiring of a working Vector system for fixed wing aircraft. Based on Vector and L9R receiver.

My video here is an attempt at the sort of video I'd like to have watched a couple of years ago before starting on my first FPV aircraft.
(I've gained a lot of useful info from these threads. This is my way of trying to pass on the favour!)

https://youtu.be/az82n0Tno-I
On the page #15 of the Vector manual http://eagletreesystems.com/Manuals/vector.pdf the GPS sensor is connected to the Vector by its right port, but not the left as shown in your set up. I think the GPS will not work if connected via the left port.

I got a good idea from your video to connect the pan servo to the receiver itself, but not to the vector.
Sep 10, 2017, 04:59 AM
Question. I am getting alot of noise on my cam. I tapped into the ESC wires directly after the PSU and added an external 5v BEC and filter to power just the camera. I can't use the vectors 5v cam line because the camera has 650ma requirement and I have vTX and Alerter module already being fed by the vector.

Is it safe to ground my camera through the vector rather than back to my external BEC and only have +5 to the camera from BEC? Thanks.