Post your Vector wiring diagrams here! - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 28, 2015, 04:33 AM
deletted,.,
Last edited by Pompecukor; Apr 13, 2016 at 02:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2016, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartSailor
Wow! That's an amazing diagram I want to see pictures of the Skywalker!

My diagram is far more humble. I fly a Banana Hobby Super Sky Surfer. Minimal redundancy, no backup. Hey, I do have a three way camera switch.

Love my Vector. This setup works very well. I guess I'm a KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) kind of guy.

-HS

Are you using the Vector to power your servos? (Forgive me if I am reading your diagram incorrectly.)

The Vector Manual says:

Never use the PSU to power any servos on your model! The PSU can shut off due to excessive power draw, causing a crash! Servos MUST be powered by a stand alone BEC, a BEC built into your ESC, or a separate radio flight pack!
Apr 07, 2016, 08:51 AM
Hey everyone... I've got my Vector in my first trainer, a VAS Spark Sport and I'm using 3 of these servos:

Emax ES08MA II 12g Analog Servo

I was planning on using my 1amp UBEC to power the servo rail running 4s.

Is that enough, or should I grab a bigger BEC?

My ESC is BECless to avoid over heating...

EDIT - Oh and wicked diagrams here guys, very helpful!
May 24, 2016, 03:40 PM
Hello TexasFPV I would like to make my on custom made cables for the Eagle tree Vector and two of your links that you provided does not work anymore... can you please tell me which one are?
I need:
Current sensor/PSU output and GPS/Audio/uart

Thanks,

Juan
Feb 02, 2017, 05:44 AM

ET Vector Wiring Walkthrough

Walkthrough of the wiring of a working Vector system for fixed wing aircraft. Based on Vector and L9R receiver.

My video here is an attempt at the sort of video I'd like to have watched a couple of years ago before starting on my first FPV aircraft.
(I've gained a lot of useful info from these threads. This is my way of trying to pass on the favour!)

ET Vector Wiring Walkthrough (10 min 39 sec)
Feb 10, 2017, 10:45 AM
Here's a pop quiz question. Has anyone ever used the vector as their primary flight controller, and then used a Naza M v2 just for the sole purpose of controlling the Zenmuse Gimbal?
Feb 15, 2017, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemdawg
Here's a pop quiz question. Has anyone ever used the vector as their primary flight controller, and then used a Naza M v2 just for the sole purpose of controlling the Zenmuse Gimbal?
You don't need to if you're using an sBus receiver. Just use a Y-Splitter and from your receiver connect one to your Vector and the other to your Zenmuse.
Mar 12, 2017, 04:49 AM

Vector, X4rsb and fatshark trinity headtracker

Hi people

I'm having problems getting all three of the above working together with the vector in sbus configuration, could anyone point me in the right direction, have tried to use x4r and 2 & 3 on x4r and 9 & 10 on Tara is x9d+ and can't get all three working independently, any one got this configuration working as should that can help me out?

Cheers

Jeff
Mar 17, 2017, 01:17 PM
This is my wiring. And it's working on the bench.
But I also tried powering the servos and receiver through Vector's output rail but it was only working via Aux 2/M6/Temp port (was working and tested) but now I have a temperature sensor so I deed that port. I have tried to plug the BEC into the other free ports but it didn't power the receiver.

I have checked and there is conductivity between Aux1 and Aux2 positive pin but there is also conductivity between the positive and negative pins as well. (Servos and Rx was connected to the output rail).

Is this normal or something is defective here?
Mar 18, 2017, 06:55 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed100
This is my wiring. And it's working on the bench.
But I also tried powering the servos and receiver through Vector's output rail but it was only working via Aux 2/M6/Temp port (was working and tested) but now I have a temperature sensor so I deed that port. I have tried to plug the BEC into the other free ports but it didn't power the receiver.

I have checked and there is conductivity between Aux1 and Aux2 positive pin but there is also conductivity between the positive and negative pins as well. (Servos and Rx was connected to the output rail).

Is this normal or something is defective here?
Are you sure that the ground from your BEC and the ground from you ESC are the same. Very often the input ground and output ground on a BEC are the same electrical point, but this is not necessarily so.
Mar 18, 2017, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRogers
Are you sure that the ground from your BEC and the ground from you ESC are the same. Very often the input ground and output ground on a BEC are the same electrical point, but this is not necessarily so.
I'm not sure but these are how the wires are connected.
Mar 19, 2017, 03:16 AM
because rust never sleeps....
OK, but you could do a continuity check to make sure, or just connect the two grounds together to eliminate any doubt.
Mar 19, 2017, 12:34 PM
Quote:
OK, but you could do a continuity check to make sure, or just connect the two grounds together to eliminate any doubt.
I'll check. Thanks
Mar 22, 2017, 08:16 PM
Quote:
I have checked everything with another multimeter.
There is no cuntinuity between positive and negative, so that's good.
The input and output ground of the BEC is the same.
But still, I can only power the Vector's output rail via AUX2. But now because it's used I have to connect the BEC into the DL receiver.
Mar 24, 2017, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed100
I have checked everything with another multimeter.
There is no cuntinuity between positive and negative, so that's good.
The input and output ground of the BEC is the same.
But still, I can only power the Vector's output rail via AUX2. But now because it's used I have to connect the BEC into the DL receiver.
I figured it out. Had to remove the "Signal" wire coming from the SBEC and now it powers the Tx through any of the unused port of the Vector's output rail.