Post your Vector wiring diagrams here! - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 03, 2014, 06:09 AM
Jack
".. I would also get a set of Engineer PA-09 crimpers..."

Dang! Another tool I don't have!

The GC #12-464 D-Sub Double-D I posted a description of above is only about half the cost but it does not get down quite as small and is probably only half the quality too.

The four roll crimping dies on the GC tool covers the range of about 1.2 to 2.5mm whereas the PA-09 covers 1.0 to 1.9mm range. That measurement is basically the width of the contact in the roll crimp area.

The specs on the ZH contacts show them as being 1.1mm wide so I think the GC tool would work too. I have not used my GC tool for any ZH contacts yet but it has worked for me for everything else I do in RC up to and including Anderson PowerPoles.

I kind of prefer the non-racheting crimper for most purposes, it is almost like you get more tactile feedback on how much pressure you at actually putting on the strands.

And the "..buy extra terminals,,," advice is golden! The only way to tell if you have a good crimp is to give one a pull test. And Murphy's Law makes it almost certain that you'll waste or damage one of more contacts if you don't have any spares.

Jack
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2014, 05:24 PM

Another custom harness, installed

This isn't really a wiring diagram, but I thought it might be useful to show how (relatively) clean you can keep your wiring if you make a custom length harness for your specific application. Sorry if the photos aren't the best. When this is done, it should roughly approximate a P-51D Mustang. I'm basing this build around the FT Mustang design from Flite Test.
Aug 21, 2014, 01:46 PM

Confused with wiring!

So if I Wire the vector like this for a Quadcopter:

Main Power (Lipo) ---> Eagle Tree Voltage Sensor -----> Power Distribution (ESCs)-

Eagle Tree voltage Sensor---> Vector
GoPro Hero 3+ Black ---> VEctor
immersion Tx 600mw--->Vector
Vector---> frsky x8r Tx via S-bus
ESCs----> Vector (signal wires ONLY?)
Do i pull ALL the red connectors from the ESCs and leave the one going to the frsky Tx via S-bus to power the frsky X8r? The vector which is getting it's power directly from the Voltage Sensor will power everything so the BECs in the ESCs are not necessary?
Aug 21, 2014, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4ddyo
So if I Wire the vector like this for a Quadcopter:

Main Power (Lipo) ---> Eagle Tree Voltage Sensor -----> Power Distribution (ESCs)-

Eagle Tree voltage Sensor---> Vector
GoPro Hero 3+ Black ---> VEctor
immersion Tx 600mw--->Vector
Vector---> frsky x8r Tx via S-bus
Do i pull ALL the red connectors from the ESCs and leave the one going to the frsky Tx via S-bus to power the frsky X8r? The vector which is getting it's power directly from the Voltage Sensor will power everything so the BECs in the ESCs are not necessary?

There is a 5v output on Vector that can be used to power your Rx. I'm running OPTO's, and power my rx that way. I don't think you need to cut the red wire, but best to wait for somebody else to chime in on that.

CW
Sep 09, 2014, 03:25 PM
hello. who knows pinout UART port ?
Dec 07, 2014, 02:47 AM

eagle tree wiring with second battery

this is my eagletree vector wiring.. i had a lot of bad quality video before and interference... after a lot of troubleshooting.. i endded with this. on my x8 wing
Dec 22, 2014, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnauddecotter
this is my eagletree vector wiring.. i had a lot of bad quality video before and interference... after a lot of troubleshooting.. i endded with this. on my x8 wing
I'm interested by the way you did your wiring but I have some quesions.

Are you connecting the 3 servo wires from your ESC to the Throttle output of the VECTOR? In that case, aren't you creating a ground loop? Or only connecting the Signal wire?
Apr 08, 2015, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4ddyo
I too have the same question. How should my non opto ESCs with a BEC connect to the vector? I've removed the power and ground, but that's not working. I'm apprehensive about installing it with those connections as I'm not sure if it will create a ground loop or short.
Apr 08, 2015, 06:45 AM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by majodio
I too have the same question. How should my non opto ESCs with a BEC connect to the vector? I've removed the power and ground, but that's not working. I'm apprehensive about installing it with those connections as I'm not sure if it will create a ground loop or short.
It may be that you need a common ground on all the components. For that, remove only the red positive voltage leads and leave the (usually black or brown ) negative leads in place. There are some good diagrams here for using external BECs:

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html

Jack
Apr 12, 2015, 09:36 AM
Help
Vectorosd
I want to go ppm/ezuhf. The wiring harness singular 'live to rx' apparently goes to chn1.
& since I'm going the way - I now have to supply 5v to the servo rail side? In order to power the rx & servos. One part of the manual suggests via a spare 5v from the psu . Another part says don't use the 5v for anything other than your vtx or cam...????
Help
Apr 29, 2015, 12:27 PM
Schematic for my Skywalker
May 01, 2015, 07:58 PM
This isn't exactly a wiring question but rather a programming one. Are there any configuration files for the Quanum Venture Quad out there?

Rick J Riggins
rjriggins11@comcast.net
May 31, 2015, 12:07 AM
Geeks 'R' Us
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacklashRC
Schematic for my Skywalker
Wow! That's an amazing diagram I want to see pictures of the Skywalker!

My diagram is far more humble. I fly a Banana Hobby Super Sky Surfer. Minimal redundancy, no backup. Hey, I do have a three way camera switch.

Love my Vector. This setup works very well. I guess I'm a KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) kind of guy.

-HS
Sep 20, 2015, 01:51 PM
longrangefpv.com
Hi all,

I was looking at the post in the tread about ET setups. I like HeartSailor's clean connections best. At least that is what I find most understandable. Except for why he has the 2 other power regulators on (one 5A the other 6A)?
I think the first one is the redundant/backup supply for the Vector (as indicated). What is the second one for and why?
Also why do they have different Amp ratings?
I am asking the question generally as I have seen he hasn't been online for a while. SO if anyone has an answer then I am happy for it.
Thank you.
Sep 21, 2015, 09:58 AM
Geeks 'R' Us

My reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompecukor
Hi Mate,

Only thing I am not clear with is why do you have the 2 other power regulators on (one 5A the other 6A)?

I think the first one is the redundant/backup supply for the Vector (as indicated). What is the second one for and why?
The power generated by the ESC is not enough for my super sky surfer. Especially when the flaps are down, those servos draw a lot of current. I gave the flaps essentially their own power supply to minimize fluctuations in current draw for the rest of the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompecukor
Also why do they have different Amp ratings?
No good reason. That's what I had laying around. Voltage is what matters with these.

Happy flying!