Jan 10, 2015, 04:09 PM
dbc
dbc
dbc
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eihoward
Another delay, now it reads Late Feb for availability at Tower...
I saw that.

Now 7 months beyond its original estimated in-stock date.

Are they just playing with us?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2015, 08:09 PM
dbc
dbc
dbc
Thread OP
I'm hoping this long delay is due to a redesign of the Cessna. As pictured on the Phoenix site, its going to have poor battery access - through the side door.

Some of the replacement parts are beginning to show up on the Tower site and this one has given me some encouragement:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...x+vista+canopy

It's hard to tell without a picture exactly what this part is, but the original plane certainly didn't have a "canopy". I'm hoping that's identifying a removable windshield/hatch arrangement similar to the one on the Phoenix Decathlon.

If that's true (and it may not be), then it would be worth the wait to get a much better solution for those of us planning to do an electric conversion.
Jan 12, 2015, 09:18 AM
An Ordinary User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc
I'm hoping this long delay is due to a redesign of the Cessna. As pictured on the Phoenix site, its going to have poor battery access - through the side door.

Some of the replacement parts are beginning to show up on the Tower site and this one has given me some encouragement:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...x+vista+canopy

It's hard to tell without a picture exactly what this part is, but the original plane certainly didn't have a "canopy". I'm hoping that's identifying a removable windshield/hatch arrangement similar to the one on the Phoenix Decathlon.

If that's true (and it may not be), then it would be worth the wait to get a much better solution for those of us planning to do an electric conversion.

Here you go:
http://phoenixmodel.com/upload/Produ...9-VISTA-19.jpg
http://phoenixmodel.com/upload/Produ...9-VISTA-20.jpg
http://phoenixmodel.com/upload/Produ...9-VISTA-17.jpg

The battery goes in the muffler area underneath the fuselage.
Jan 12, 2015, 02:53 PM
dbc
dbc
dbc
Thread OP
Maybe not. I posted those picture from the Phoenix site back in post #2 on this thread.

But the actual assembly manual shows something quite different. No fuse hatch. The battery installed through the side door and placed up under the instrument panel.
Last edited by dbc; Jan 12, 2015 at 03:02 PM.
Jan 12, 2015, 06:59 PM
An Ordinary User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc
Maybe not. I posted those picture from the Phoenix site back in post #2 on this thread.

But the actual assembly manual shows something quite different. No fuse hatch. The battery installed through the side door and placed up under the instrument panel.
I saw that pic in the online pdf and thought the same thing. It does look like it might go there but since they don't show the muffler installed in the bottom at all, or the hatch, the color pictures might provide that missing information.

Now, if they showed the motor installed with the muffler underneath but didn't show putting the battery in that cut-out I'd probably doubt the pictures. They just blew past the motor/battery/esc/gas tank installation.

I'm not as surprised as I would normally be though. Last night I was assembling my Phoenix Extra 330S and the manual calls it the Edge 540 in at least one place.
Jan 12, 2015, 08:43 PM
dbc
dbc
dbc
Thread OP
Yep. There was originally conflicting info on the Sonic low wing as well as the Tiger Sport 3. Seems you never know for sure what your going to get with a Phoenix plane. But it's usually pretty nice and a good value.
Jan 29, 2015, 02:24 PM
New stock date, MID March ...

Feb 10, 2015, 03:14 PM
Yes my name is Cessna.
Patience is a virtue... Long wait on thus one.
Feb 10, 2015, 03:38 PM
Now................ Late March

Feb 10, 2015, 09:09 PM
dbc
dbc
dbc
Thread OP
I'm assuming this is due to the longshoreman strike (or slowdown) in LA. Sure wish they'd get it resolved and start unloading our planes!
Mar 02, 2015, 02:49 PM
Mid April... and the wait continues... and is not only this model, many other Phoenix models are out of stock...

Mar 02, 2015, 10:08 PM
dbc
dbc
dbc
Thread OP
It's going to be a real letdown if this plane turns out to be a dog. I would hope with the longshoreman strike settled we will start to see these planes coming into stock very soon.
Apr 10, 2015, 07:59 PM
Now in stock, limited quantities...
Apr 11, 2015, 08:12 AM
dbc
dbc
dbc
Thread OP
Mine is ordered! It should arrive in 4-5 days. I'll post some pictures when it shows up.

Nine months after announcing it, the Phoenix Cessna is finally in stock.
Apr 11, 2015, 12:09 PM
dbc
dbc
dbc
Thread OP
My current 172/182 situation is very limited. Only these three planes. Two 1000mm and one 1280mm. I usually have at least a couple of larger ones also. The 1660mm balsa Phoenix plane will be a welcome addition.

Quick Reply