Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 05, 2014, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giblet535
That's a Teensy 3.1 loaded with nazatofrsky code and cables.

It should cost around $25 USD to build from scratch, so 29 euro is fair if you're afraid of coding.

NAZA to FrSky project

You can tweak / upgrade the firmware yourself if it's not working right. That IS why you bought a Taranis, right?
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...-FrSky-Taranis

I don't think that is correct. First post in this link shows pictures of the board. It's NOT a teensy anything. He makes the boards himself.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2014, 08:37 PM
thank god I'm an atheist
while the boards are different everything else is pretty much the same in both projects they do exactly the same thing using the same hardware.

which makes me wonder if this projects code is compatible with the other projects code?
Sep 07, 2014, 12:19 PM
The creator is in Europe, and so are most of the other Zaggometry users. Every Zaggometry telemetry screenshot I've seen has shown east longitude. So I'm wondering if my issue is caused by my location at west longitude. Maybe there is a a bug that prevents west longitude coordinates from showing up properly. This is all I can come up with.
Sep 23, 2014, 01:05 PM
Seamus McWalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by think.help
while the boards are different everything else is pretty much the same in both projects they do exactly the same thing using the same hardware.

which makes me wonder if this projects code is compatible with the other projects code?
I'm waiting on Teensies. One for my NAZA's X8R, and another for my Pixhawk's X8R. Same wiring, different code.

These devices are probably compatible, but caveat emptor and all that. Anyone who's hungry enough would use incompatible TX/RX pairs off the chip, change two lines of code, and call it "New! Improved! Stability Out The Wazoo!".
Sep 23, 2014, 02:20 PM
Makers gonna make...
Quote:
I'm waiting on Teensies. One for my NAZA's X8R, and another for my Pixhawk's X8R. Same wiring, different code.
Just FYI with Teensies you can go further and use the Naza CAN bus that gives more (e.g. battery voltage or tilt compensated heading from compass, barometric altitude, etc.).
Sep 23, 2014, 04:01 PM
Seamus McWalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelsky
Just FYI with Teensies you can go further and use the Naza CAN bus that gives more (e.g. battery voltage or tilt compensated heading from compass, barometric altitude, etc.).
I was just reading about this. You have a drone in my office?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracebeau
So I'm wondering if my issue is caused by my location at west longitude. Maybe there is a a bug that prevents west longitude coordinates from showing up properly. This is all I can come up with.
Discussion on the problem you describe. You may want to try Rolf's 1.3 code. It only takes a few minutes to switch. The hard part is finding a USB cable that's not already charging a phone/tablet.
Sep 23, 2014, 04:09 PM
Makers gonna make...
Quote:
I was just reading about this. You have a drone in my office?
Maybe...

Anyway send me a PM if you need more details. I've done both Naza CAN decoder and FrSky S.Port encoder libraries for Teensy so it should be easy to get the data you need the way you want.
Oct 12, 2014, 01:17 PM
The developer (zaggo) sent me a firmware update today. Now my GPS coordinates are displayed perfectly.
Oct 21, 2014, 12:30 PM
Anybody try adopt nazatofrsky from expencive Teensy to cheap Arduino Pro Mini? I know that Arduino Pro have only one hardware serial port, but may be enough softwareserial? I tried to do it, but not sure what successfully. I can not verify because Now I do not have a receiver with s.Port, only plan to purchase such. Perhaps my code would be a good starting point for work on adaptation
Oct 28, 2014, 09:56 AM
Hello,

It is not in stock for several days now. Usually there is a (long) waiting time for it?

http://www.fpv1.de/lng/en/fpv1-zaggo...y-adapter.html
Oct 28, 2014, 10:11 AM
Makers gonna make...
Quote:
Originally Posted by alezz
Anybody try adopt nazatofrsky from expencive Teensy to cheap Arduino Pro Mini? I know that Arduino Pro have only one hardware serial port, but may be enough softwareserial? I tried to do it, but not sure what successfully. I can not verify because Now I do not have a receiver with s.Port, only plan to purchase such. Perhaps my code would be a good starting point for work on adaptation
You need a single wire serial with inverted signals (which to my knowledge pro minis don't support), so you would need additional circuitry that will invert signals and transfer the data via single wire. Your software will not work without it.
Oct 28, 2014, 01:35 PM
Quote:
You need a single wire serial with inverted signals (which to my knowledge pro minis don't support), so you would need additional circuitry that will invert signals and transfer the data via single wire.
I have another information
http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/am...ource=activity
but still need confirm
Oct 28, 2014, 02:29 PM
Makers gonna make...
Quote:
Originally Posted by alezz
I have another information
http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/am...ource=activity
but still need confirm
After giving it a second thought (and verifying experimentally) it actually will work. Did not notice you invert the signals when creating the instance of software serial. Luckily the S.Port receiver that acts as a master will take care of switching the transmission on/off so TX and RX do not interfere.

I've tested it with slightly modified version of my FrSkySportTelemetry library, but in principle it does work

I like to be wrong sometimes.
Oct 28, 2014, 02:54 PM
Quote:
After giving it a second thought (and verifying experimentally) it actually will work.
good news! Collect money to buy Taranis
Nov 04, 2014, 11:48 AM
I've been playing around with the Zaggometry for a while. I've written an article and recorded a about my experience on my blog. In general it's quite capable. However, I'm still having some issues with smooth GPS positions. They seem to not update sometimes, resulting in artifacts. Does anyone have the same problems?

Furthermore, I was wondering if anyone is recording flight paths to SD and how do you visualize them (path, altitude, speed, more...).

Quick Reply