Jul 09, 2014, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenM
Going to add a SportBEC and was going to put it before the current sensor in case it went bad I would still have power. I read though that if the CS go bad the vector is dead anyway? Can anyone confirm because it would be easier for me to wire it after the CS.

Also, to hook up RSSI from a AR8000 I would simply need to run a servo cable with 1 wire from the AR8000 to the top pin of the vector RSSI input. Right?? Is the Signal wire in the bind / data port? (Bottom wire)
Hi W.,

donīt use a sportbec this unit creates a lot of interferences. use a turnigy ubec with "low noise" instead (hobbyking) ... doing so spares you a lot of work with toroids and filters.

you need a converter from the digital diagnosis bus of the spectrum to analog rssi of the vector ... search e-bay for "DORA" - dora can only be connected to dsmx receivers, but works too when you are using a dsm2 transmitter.

cu Thomas
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2014, 11:22 AM
Live Free and Fly
I've installed a Vector in a Model Aero Polaris Ultra. My go-to FPV plane, fun as heck, my Penguin sits forlornly in the corner now.

Anyway, couple pics of the install below.

Question -- how do you change the color/background (swatch?) of the F16 AH degree (pitch) indicator numbers? Standard seems to be like a yellow background (the little square) and it's pretty hard to see. Cycled through some of the options but seemed to change every color/swatch/background in the OSD except that one. lol

I maidened it with the Vector over the weekend, only took one flight because the winds were crazy, 20mph gusting to 40mph. Handled the wind great, hit RTH test and it turned and made a beeline straight to home, no large "s-turns" like my FYDOS does. Great OSD and F/C. Looking forward to more good stuff from ET.

Quick RTH test vid. You can see how windy it was. Vector performed great.

Eagle Tree Vector RTH Test with a Model Aero Polaris (2 min 11 sec)
Last edited by bmw111; Jul 09, 2014 at 02:03 PM.
Jul 09, 2014, 12:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1
Hi W.,

donīt use a sportbec this unit creates a lot of interferences. use a turnigy ubec with "low noise" instead (hobbyking) ... doing so spares you a lot of work with toroids and filters.

you need a converter from the digital diagnosis bus of the spectrum to analog rssi of the vector ... search e-bay for "DORA" - dora can only be connected to dsmx receivers, but works too when you are using a dsm2 transmitter.

cu Thomas
Bummer, got the sport on the way. I thought dimension engineering made some of the best. I have a RMRC UBEC here at the house. Any experience with these? I haven't used it yet.

I plugged the RSSI cable in from the signal data port straight to the vector and it works perfectly... Shows 96% normal and I shut my radio off and watched it go down to 0 then RTH kicked in.
Jul 09, 2014, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenM
Bummer, got the sport on the way. I thought dimension engineering made some of the best. I have a RMRC UBEC here at the house. Any experience with these? I haven't used it yet.

I plugged the RSSI cable in from the signal data port straight to the vector and it works perfectly... Shows 96% normal and I shut my radio off and watched it go down to 0 then RTH kicked in.
Hi Warren,

interesting that you get correct?? rssi readings from the digital data bus.

no, i have no experience with the rmrc ubec - i do not make scientific test on a varity of products - only tests until i reach my goal and then use those components
therefore i stopped my measurements at the moment i found out that the turnigy low-noise ubecīs deliver a "clean" voltage ...

cu Thomas
Jul 09, 2014, 04:06 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw111
I've installed a Vector in a Model Aero Polaris Ultra. My go-to FPV plane, fun as heck, my Penguin sits forlornly in the corner now.
if you decide to sell the penquin let me know. Considering one of those.
Not sure about the color change.. Been looking at that also.

Warren
Jul 11, 2014, 08:59 AM
Just wanted to add my 2 cents in here.
The Vector is everything and more I could have imagined and I am as happy as a two peckered billy goat!! My first attempt at FPV anything and it all worked flawlessly the first time! Programming was easy, the manual is thorough, and the software is wonderful! I especially like hovering over an item and having the explanations pop up to tell you about each feature and decision to be made!
My Naza M now resides right along side of my Total G flybarless unit in my collection of, "Wasted hobby effort" items!
I'm really glad I didn't bolt for the door with the rest of the nay sayers! Their loss for sure!
The video was cut short by an incoming phone call, but serves as a first flight example. I went on to fly through 2D, 2DH, and Loiter modes flawlessly!

Vector first flight (1 min 5 sec)
Jul 11, 2014, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiccup
Just wanted to add my 2 cents in here.
The Vector is everything and more I could have imagined and I am as happy as a two peckered billy goat!! My first attempt at FPV anything and it all worked flawlessly the first time! Programming was easy, the manual is thorough, and the software is wonderful! I especially like hovering over an item and having the explanations pop up to tell you about each feature and decision to be made!
My Naza M now resides right along side of my Total G flybarless unit in my collection of, "Wasted hobby effort" items!
I'm really glad I didn't bolt for the door with the rest of the nay sayers! Their loss for sure!
The video was cut short by an incoming phone call, but serves as a first flight example. I went on to fly through 2D, 2DH, and Loiter modes flawlessly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucQas6h9ZWY
love the vector as well but theres nothing wrong with the naza
Jul 11, 2014, 10:14 AM
Live Free and Fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggysk10
Other than all the flyaways.

Jul 11, 2014, 03:44 PM
Sorry I posted this in the, "For fixed wing" thread as it is a Hex, but, the Finwing Titan is almost done and my other one is going in that aircraft. I realize the size is larger than recommended, but, I believe based on how the hexicopter flies, the Titan will be just as solid. Anyway, if I have any issues, I'll be sure to let everyone know about it here.

Bye the bye, anyone needing UHU POR, Hobby Express has it in stock.

Hiccup
Jul 11, 2014, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggysk10
I had several. Never got any of them to perform as advertised. One of them burned up, actually caught fire!, one flew away but crashed and was found, and the last one is on the shelf with the Curtis Youngblood Total G unit that shares similar points of intrest with the Naza M. And if you want my opinion regarding what is wrong with the NAZA, it's called, " DJI"!

I just know I'm very much pleased with my Vectors! Going to get another one real soon too.

Hiccup
Jul 11, 2014, 04:05 PM
Thread OP
Well, I should be able to maiden this evening if the wind cooperates. Was going to last night but when I disconnected the usb to do testing it showed an error "airframe not okd". Guess this is normal but not very highlighted in the manual so, by the time I got figured out to accept with my mode switch I had already burnt up my time. All ground tested now and waiting.
Jul 12, 2014, 11:21 AM
Today I had my first flight with the Vector in a X-5 flying wing. This was also my first real FPV flight ever.
I can really recommend this FC, had multiple tries of flying this airframe without any FC before. I was unable to hand launch this plane, now 3DH mode is perfect!
I will definitely equip other planes with this controller, it is very straightforward to use. I have had also some bad experiences with APM, lost multiple planes because of different 'undocumented features'.
Jul 14, 2014, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp106
Does anyone know if it is possible to control pan and tilt servos with the two aux outputs from the Vector. I could map these to second aileron and elevator channels for example then map my radio to the same channels but not sure if the Vector will like that and also if it will try and adjust them when in stabilize mode or not...
No you can't. I sent ET support this same question as I am using SPPM. You have to connect the pan tilt servos directly to your receiver.
Jul 14, 2014, 02:18 PM
Live Free and Fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackybandit
No you can't. I sent ET support this same question as I am using SPPM. You have to connect the pan tilt servos directly to your receiver.
Good to know this. Thanks.
Jul 18, 2014, 12:53 PM
Any one managed to use the two aux outputs on the Vector to run a servo? I want to control a pan and tilt from this?

Quick Reply