Sep 21, 2020, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf View Post
Rissah, been a while! I'm surprised at your comment! I have downloaded and archived virtually every FW version ever released and am currently grabbing the recent versions
Hi Sweetie.
I haven't done a Vector firmware upgrade for over a year.

Edit: That was a while back when I couldn't get it to work without a internet connection. So I just assumed it needed one. But after doing an upgrade just now... it doesn't
Last edited by Rissah; Sep 21, 2020 at 08:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2020, 10:08 PM
I submitted a request to open source the hardware and software on Eagle Tree's FB page, as did several others. There has been no reply. In fact, I cannot think of a time when Eagle tree has responded on social media, to anything.
Sep 25, 2020, 06:48 PM

Recommended "Final" software version?

Sorry to hear about the end of Eagletree. Since I assume we are at the end of the line for software versions, what is the general consensus about the last most stable version which I should download now while it is still available?

Thanks and RIP Vector, you were quite an innovation when introduced.

Joe
Sep 26, 2020, 08:20 AM
Hi..question. I've been getting failsafes quite a bit in one of my planes with vector installed. I even have that box checked that reduces the chances of vector returning the plane home because of a false rssi reading.
Now i fly a mini talon with dragonlink and 1.3 video. I have video on one wing tip and dragonlink on the other wing tip. So all is separated very well from interference of the rssi link and anylizer doesnt show interference. So it seems I've covered all bases as far as interference is concerned.
So my question... is there a chance that there is a glitch or malfunction in the flight controller that is still causing the plane to go into failsafe? I have another vector fc i can install and test my theory. But just wondering if there is anything else in vector that i can do to reduce false rssi loss/ failsafe . Thanks!!
Sep 26, 2020, 01:45 PM
SweetieInTulum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstar75 View Post
Hi..question. I've been getting failsafes quite a bit in one of my planes with vector installed. I even have that box checked that reduces the chances of vector returning the plane home because of a false rssi reading.
Now i fly a mini talon with dragonlink and 1.3 video. I have video on one wing tip and dragonlink on the other wing tip. So all is separated very well from interference of the rssi link and anylizer doesnt show interference. So it seems I've covered all bases as far as interference is concerned.
So my question... is there a chance that there is a glitch or malfunction in the flight controller that is still causing the plane to go into failsafe? I have another vector fc i can install and test my theory. But just wondering if there is anything else in vector that i can do to reduce false rssi loss/ failsafe . Thanks!!
Highly unlikely that it is a Vector issue, more likely a noise issue onboard affecting D/L. What is your Micro Power range test distance? You are using Sbus between the RX and Vector and Sbus Failsafe Detection? What range and altitude are you getting failsafes? Are they actually failsafes or RSSI warnings? How long do they last? Where is your log file?
Sep 26, 2020, 01:54 PM
SweetieInTulum
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerjoe View Post
Sorry to hear about the end of Eagletree. Since I assume we are at the end of the line for software versions, what is the general consensus about the last most stable version which I should download now while it is still available?

Thanks and RIP Vector, you were quite an innovation when introduced.

Joe
Unless a newer FW added a feature you want or fixed a bug that affects you I always stay with what currently works. Of course you can go download ALL the FW versions to your computer now and use which ever strikes your fancy down the road. https://www.eagletreesystems.com/ind...ormation_id=16

I have been using 12.67 since it's release and IMHO you should be using at least 12.61 when some important issues were fixed.
Sep 26, 2020, 04:18 PM
Sweetiensf,
Yes Sbus with failsafe detection.
Im out only 12 miles at 2000 feet. Its a warning plus i lose actual link so goes into RTH automatically until i get link again.
They last just a second or two then i get link again.
Must be interference on my plane however the DL link Is about 18" away from my 1.3 video transmitter so I can imagine what else could be interfering. I do not have an external bec and they say that can also interfere but I don't have one.
The only other thing I can actually think of would be either my module dragon link antenna or else the antenna that is on the plane is not very good or defective for very long range.
I am planning on doing one of those micro range tests later this evening and I can let you know how far I get with that
Sep 26, 2020, 08:25 PM
Ok so i did the micro power range test. Keep in mind im using the v3 module and the largest $150 receiver on the plane. The color that indicates link is purple.
The purple led indicator starts to blink at around 5 to 7 feet all the way to 15 to 20 feet then it completely turns off. So something is very wrong. Both module and receiver/antennas are new. But sounds like something is defective. I can eventually replace the receiver but for now i could try a different antenna on the plane
Sep 26, 2020, 08:43 PM
Be sure you test first with the receiver powered alone (just use a 4-5 cell NiMh if you have one).
If it craps out at that short range, then it's definitely DL gear that's defective.
If you get normal micro-power range with just Rx powered, and it drops badly
when it's on the aircraft, then it's some form of onboard, external interference
that's crushing it.
Sep 26, 2020, 09:28 PM
Will do! Thanks
Sep 26, 2020, 11:18 PM
Daemon, what channel do i plug the battery into to get the DL receiver to power on? Assuming channel 1?
Sep 26, 2020, 11:32 PM
Power/ground rails go to all servo channels, like any other Rx.
Just make sure you get the polarity right.
Sep 27, 2020, 03:49 AM
I have modes set to the knob. And when switching modes, the message jumps out Switch PWM too near boundary. Is it dangerous, or can it be ignored?
Sep 27, 2020, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixoid26 View Post
I have modes set to the knob. And when switching modes, the message jumps out Switch PWM too near boundary. Is it dangerous, or can it be ignored?
Usually more of an issue with modes on a switch, which I've had a few times. Where you are leaving the knob after changing modes is on the boundary between two modes - moving it a little further should resolve the problem. With a switch it can be a matter of adjusting end and mid points.

Not dangerous, but not good. If ignored it's possible the mode you selected would not be recognised.
Sep 27, 2020, 12:02 PM
Daemon n Sweetieinsf,
Ok so did the micro power range test on both with airplane and took out tge DL setup and tested it without the airplane.

Very interesting it was actually worse not being on the airplane then it was being on the airplane lol.... I got between 12 and 14' before the blue light actually shut all the way off. Also it started blinking right around 10'...
So now I know that it is nothing on the airplane it has something to do with either the receiver or the receiver antenna or the module itself. Which really is not good news. I was hoping it was something more simple that was on the airplane. However unfortunately I do not have another antenna at this time so I cannot try a different antenna because I'm hoping that it's that because that will be the least expensive problem.
So I got thinking about it and if it is not the module I was thinking maybe it's my actual Taranis Qx7s transmitter That might be causing some sort of interference so I actually did another test separating the dragon link module from the transmitter as far as the wire lead would let me but it still did the exact same thing. So not convinced that it's the transmitter either.. O but I was thinking that because I never did that modification inside the transmitter that they recommended with that little chip I thought maybe that would have something to do with it but all that is is a telemetry thing it's not real RSSI. So I don't think that is the cause either.
So I have pretty much deducted everything except either the module or the receiver or the antenna. I am praying to God that it's the antenna. I have another receiver that's going to be on its way along with an antenna from FPV pro and hoping that it will be here mid week.
I can for sure say this now because I've done the testing without it being around any airplane parts and so it is one of the 3 pieces... It's going to really suck and be super expensive if for some reason it is the module. I wouldn't think it is because it still gets me quite a ways away.. It's not the end of the world if its the receiver even though it is a very expensive receiver I can still have it replaced with a micro receiver for $100 which will not break the bank lol.. And that's on its way. I can always use this more expensive receiver on another airplane that I won't fly any further then maybe 10 miles if we end up finding out that it's the receiver... That way I don't have to throw it out altogether. But let's pray that it's simply the antenna. That would be super cheap to replace and then I can move on with my hobby lol

Quick Reply