Dec 14, 2018, 02:23 PM
How to set this up for the color gradient and the alert on low voltage?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2018, 10:08 AM
The need 4 speed
I have bought an Eagletree vector and I have a smal microphone that I want to connect to my vtx which has audio left and right. I know I connect the power wire to the vector mic plug. How do I connect audio left and right
Thanks
Dec 15, 2018, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksj100
I have bought an Eagletree vector and I have a smal microphone that I want to connect to my vtx which has audio left and right. I know I connect the power wire to the vector mic plug. How do I connect audio left and right
Thanks
You bridge them
Dec 16, 2018, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonanzaman
Finally got the dvr from the small Ranger "final flight" if anyone sees something noteworthy, I'd be glad to hear it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUqE...ature=youtu.be
I noticed something interesting at 9:31, it says: "RTH Engaged: Move sticks to cancel".

If you moved the sticks after that (maybe not even knowing about it), the plane then returned to normal manual mode and could have crashed way before it hit the mountain top.

That feature could be turned off in a Vector setup software.
Dec 16, 2018, 03:32 PM
Pitot Bandito
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZFLYER75
I noticed something interesting at 9:31, it says: "RTH Engaged: Move sticks to cancel".

If you moved the sticks after that (maybe not even knowing about it), the plane then returned to normal manual mode and could have crashed way before it hit the mountain top.

That feature could be turned off in a Vector setup software.
Yes, I've kind of trained myself not to touch the transmitter on previous tests after RTH engages, however, you are quite right, I could have touched a stick inadvertently....just 1 more possibility. If the plane leveled out before completing the 180 deg turn it could have continued flight West until battery LVC, or (more likely) striking terrain first. Another search due West might be worth a shot.....
Dec 16, 2018, 05:45 PM
Ticking "Disable center stick detection for RTH" with prevent the chance of accidentally disengaging RTH, only under an RTH test condition.

While under a Failsafe RTH condition. Moving the sticks will have no effect, and RTH will continue.

But the man concern will be; If you use Mode switch to engage RTH Test, at the edge of radio range. Then with the RX signal being weak; the vector also engages RTH failsafe.
Plus you also lose video feed at this point.

If the sticks were move after this point and the RX signal had returned. Then it would disengage RTH without you knowing; because you have no video.
The model would then be under your control, without you not knowing it.

That why we should always Tick - "Disable center stick detection for RTH".
Dec 16, 2018, 06:32 PM
Correct me if I am wrong here.

It is my understanding that during RTH, moving the sticks reverts to pilot control but only for as long as at least one stick other than throttle is off centre. Let go of the sticks and RTH takes back control.

This is certainly the way the full-sized Vector on my (big) Drak behaves.
Dec 16, 2018, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehari

It is my understanding that during RTH, moving the sticks reverts to pilot control but only for as long as at least one stick other than throttle is off centre. Let go of the sticks and RTH takes back control.

That "feature" has crashed many a plane.
What Rissah is talking about above, is a new option to disable that feature so all stick inputs
are ignored while RTH Test is engaged, which for a lot of people is how they set their Rx failsafe.
The only failsafe condition that already ignores the sticks is S-BUS failsafe, but not everyone
can use that.
Dec 17, 2018, 03:16 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Quote:

Only if the "Disable center stick detection for RTH" is not set.

This option has been available for just over a year, and I dont fly without it set.
Dec 17, 2018, 03:50 AM
at the edge of radio range. Then with the RX signal being weak; the vector also engages RTH failsafe.

..... To avoid RETRIGER RTH .... when in the edge ..... another option also in use .... DELAY

In manual
7.4.2.4 Delay Exiting RTH Mode for ___ Seconds
Dec 17, 2018, 07:04 AM
Quote:

Its not that your wrong. There have being a few things that have added to the need for -"Disable center stick detection for RTH"

As Daemon and Hugo spoke of. There were many crashed related to this, over the years.

One of the problems was due to the 60uSec stick dead band preventing RTH Test from initiating. If you just happen to have added transmitter trim to get the plane flying straight. But forgot to incorporate and save the trims to the Vector.
Under this condition, the vector would think the sticks are being moved. So RTH Test would not engage.
Dec 17, 2018, 09:29 AM
Pitot Bandito
So the RTH message "move sticks to cancel" still appears even if sbus failsafe is configured, though moving them won't cancel RTH? And is this the same for RTH test?
Dec 17, 2018, 09:47 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonanzaman
So the RTH message "move sticks to cancel" still appears even if sbus failsafe is configured, though moving them won't cancel RTH? And is this the same for RTH test?
The message is different for RTH Test with this flag enabled.
First it says

"Mode Switch: RTH Test"
and then it says
"RTH Engaged:Mode switch triggered"

With a real failsafe warning I would not expect the OSD to tell you to move sticks to cancel whether the flag is set or not set. If you dont have a link, how can it detect stick movement?
Dec 17, 2018, 11:19 AM
... if you are on the edge of radio link , It could happen that when start turning the link is again established and so .... that is why there is a possible delay in order to avoid "retriger "
Dec 17, 2018, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemanel
... if you are on the edge of radio link , It could happen that when start turning the link is again established and so .... that is why there is a possible delay in order to avoid "retriger "
Have you tested the delay function? That it does what its supposed to do?

The reason I ask.
A few months back, i was fly 50mtrs below launch down in a caved valley. And I lost signal.
The failasafe delay exit was set to 2 seconds.
I heard the audio warning say "Signal 27". Then notices the RTH warning.

Because the audio warning speaks over the top of the microphone audio, I didn't hear the motor.
But once I got home and heard the audio on the HD footage. It revealed that Failsafe triggered RTH 5 times within a few seconds.

As you would all know. When RTH is engaged, the motor cuts out for a split second. Well it did this 5 times in short succession.
There was far less than a 2 second delay gap

Have you tested yours? Or has any one else?

Quick Reply