This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 30, 2014, 07:37 AM
Thread OP
Cool

those were the days...

biking in vancouver, british columbia.
in the 80's i lived in vancouver-and had a hobby shop at kingsway street-and also got a motorcycle (a yamaha vision with touring fairing, shaft drive and water cooled). when the weather was good, i toured around. with so many beautiful places nearby, it was a most rewarding experience. as there are many rivers that have no bridges, there are ferries to cross, and boarding them with the bike was thrilling, to say the least. just entering and exiting the ferry was exhilarating, riding through any of the 2 narrow ramps and seeing the water below.
even just going downtown and watching the sunset at english bay and eating a souvlaki at davie and denman street. and all were so watchful on bikes.
we flew r/c at kitsilano, with the sailplanes flying over the sea most of the time. and stanley park: the beavers taking off right there (i mean, the de havilland airplanes) on their way to victoria island... also going to victoria by ferry with the bike. i still have the bike in my living room, but don't ride anymore. am sending it to my son's garage soon to make room for my toys (model airplanes and painting). so many memories....
Last edited by phil alvirez; Jun 30, 2014 at 10:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply