This thread is privately moderated by Conehead, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 28, 2014, 09:41 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Thread OP
Discussion

TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014

Each year the TRAMPS, Traverse Area Model Pilots Society, have an air show. Some years are better than others, but the weather for today was outstanding. We got a Southwest wind, 5-15 mph, clear skies, some clouds here and there, rain was forecast for late afternoon, which didn't happen. There were about 55 or there about pilots, all kinds of models. Turbines, gas, electric, twins, electric, some West Michigan Park Fliers were there. All sorts of airframes.

We were treated to an awesome show by Jase, "The Ace" Dussia, who just won the 2014 EFC. Jase and his Dad John put on a nice show. Jase flew quite well and what a treat to see him fly in person.

We were also treated to Tim Jesky, our District VP and he was talking about the current problems with the FAA and latest mess they have created.

I didn't even get an airplane out of the car. I ended up spotting for different people, took a few photos, got made fun of by many people, but I got big shoulders and so I treat it as a badge of honor.

I arrived home exhausted. It was hot, 80 degrees plus, and I am not going to complain one bit. After almost a month of below 20 degree temps this winter, 20 feet of snow, warm weather is WONDERFUL.

People always bring dogs to airshows. I am a dog lover, one of the neat dogs there was a Basset Hound that was so neat. She hopped up into a chair and was fast asleep. I also got to meet Ben's new dog which is a young puppy. He put it in the camper with the AC on and kept checking on her during the afternoon.

The show also goes tomorrow, but I am not going back, I am worn out.

So I will upload the images I took.
Thanks for reading and looking.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.

Note, there is something on the lens of my camera, which I didn't know about, it makes parts of the image look fuzzy or like it has lens flare. I cleaned the outside of the lens, but it may be internal, due to the heat and humidity. This is an old Kodak P-850 camera and is about 10+ years old or more. I don't have a nice Nikon or Cannon to use, so I make do with what I got.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply